If you were actively sideloading applications on your iPhone/iPad, then your life must be severely affected by Cydia Impactor being broken. Though, there is a word out from Saurik that he will fix the issues being faced by Cydia Impactor; we haven’t heard from him since long. This means that those iOS users who wish to side load UnC0ver, Chimera, and other side-loadable jailbreak apps on their iOS device have to wait for an unknown period. If you are one of these iOS users, then, through this post, we are giving you a reason to rejoice. The developer @pixelomer has released AltDeploy, which is a Cydia Impactor alternative for macOS for sideloading iOS apps.
AltDeploy, as stated by the @pixelomer itself, is developed by using the code of the AltServer project of @rileytestut. AltServer is utilized to install AltStore – a irrevocable third-party App Store – on iOS devices. The developer @pixelomer used the function design of AltServer to install AltStore to an iPhone and generalized the same to install any IPA file instead. Please note that unlike Cydia Impactor, AltDeploy is not a cross-platform application. As of now, it is available on macOS only. Hence, you need to be in possession of an Apple PC or a Mac book to utilize the services of AltDeploy.
- 1 How AltDeploy Works?
- 2 AltDeploy – Errors and Fixes
- 3 AltDeploy – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 126.96.36.199 1. Is AltDeploy available for Windows?
- 188.8.131.52 2. Am I able to use a KVM virtual machine with Catalina to use the app?
- 184.108.40.206 3. Can I use it in a VMWare Mojave Machine in a Windows 10 host?
- 220.127.116.11 4. Is jailbreak mandatory to use AltDeploy?
- 18.104.22.168 5. Do I have to reload the IPA post 7 days like Cydia Impactor?
- 3.1 Final Words – Cydia Impactor Alternative for macOS
How AltDeploy Works?
The working of AltDeploy is almost similar to that of Cydia Impactor. Following are the steps that you require following to sideload IPA files on your iPhone from this new Cydia Impactor alternative.
- As a first, please download AltDeploy from the developer’s GitHub page.
- Once you will launch AltDeploy on your Mac system, you will notice that the application supports native dark mode.
- The interface of AltDeploy is similar to that of Cydia Impactor. Once you connect your iPhone/iPad to your Mac, the same will be detected by AltDeploy.
- Next, either you can drag and drop the IPA file onto the window of the app or simply choose the IPA file that you wish to sideload.
- The next step will be that AltDeploy will install a Mail app add-on that you need to enable from Mail app’s preferences. Please note that post enabling the add-on, the Mail app must be open all the time you utilize the services of AltDeploy. This is necessary for AltDeploy to work as expected.
- Next, you require entering your Apple ID credentials. It is highly recommended that you don’t use your primary Apple ID credentials for the purpose instead create a fake one that you won’t be using anywhere else.
- That’s it! Once you hit ‘Save,’ the sideloading process will start and within minutes you will have the sideloaded app up and running on your iOS device.
AltDeploy – Errors and Fixes
1. Facing Trouble with the Mail Plugin
This is the common issue being faced by the users of AltDeploy. You need to click the button at the bottom of the Mail App related to plugin/bundles > enable AltPlugin > hit ‘Apply’ and you are done.
2. App Not Working on macOS Sierra
Please note that as of now AltDeploy works only on macOS Mojave and above. The developer is working to bring the application on macOS Sierra as well. We will update this post once the update is available.
3. AltDeploy not working for apps over 100 MB
Based on the user feedback, AltDeploy crashes or force closes mid install whenever trying to install an application over 100 MB. The developer is working to fix the issue and we will update this post once the fix is made live.
AltDeploy – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Is AltDeploy available for Windows?
As of now, this application is not available for Windows however, developer @invoxiplaygames has developed a Windows version that goes by the name of AltServerPatcher.
2. Am I able to use a KVM virtual machine with Catalina to use the app?
Yes! You can do it.
3. Can I use it in a VMWare Mojave Machine in a Windows 10 host?
Yes! You can do it.
4. Is jailbreak mandatory to use AltDeploy?
No! It isn’t mandatory.
5. Do I have to reload the IPA post 7 days like Cydia Impactor?
Unfortunately! Yes you have to do that every 7 days.
Final Words – Cydia Impactor Alternative for macOS
That was all regarding AltDeploy, the Cydia Impactor alternative for macOS. If you have any questions or face any issues while using the application, you can reach out to the developer’s GitHub page for the same.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- WindowHUD Tweak – Flip iPhone Screen Vertically as Windshield HUD (Head-Up).
- Zebra v 1.0 Cydia Alternative on iOS (iPhone & iPad) [Released].