Here’s Everything You Need to Know about AltStore – The New Alternative iOS App Store by Riley Testut. If you follow Riley Testut, the brain behind the amazing Delta Emulator, you must know about AltStore, the new alternative iOS App Store developed by Riley Testut.
We understand you might have a lot of questions in your mind regarding AltStore. In this post, we are going to attempt to answer all of them one by one. So, continue reading to know everything about AltStore.
If you are looking to downgrade some your apps to older versions, I would recommend you all to check this out: AppStore++ Download on iOS Without Jailbreak.
- 1 Why Choose AltStore Over Other iOS App Stores?
- 2 How AltStore is Irrevocable?
- 3 Steps to Install AltStore on iOS
Why Choose AltStore Over Other iOS App Stores?
You know AltStore is a third-party iOS App Installer that serves as a platform for downloading iOS apps and games that never get a chance to feature on the official App Store due to Apple’s app review policies and guidelines. Hence, the first question that will strike your mind is that why should you prefer AltStore over other third-party iOS App Stores.
Other popular third-party App Stores like AppValley, TweakBox, TuTuApp, and more are facing one of the hardest onslaughts from Apple completely disengaging their operations. However, the same is not true about AltStore because AltStore doesn’t depend upon enterprise certificates, which Apple can easily invalidate, for the installation of apps. Hence, AltStore, until Apple comes up with a new way, which essentially will take pretty long, is irrevocable.
How AltStore is Irrevocable?
According to Riley Testut, Apple cannot simply shut down AltStore by invalidating its certificate. AltStore sideloads the apps onto your iPhone by making your phone to think that it is you who have developed these apps.
Please note that AltStore will ask your Apple ID credentials to communicate with Apple’s developer servers. However, it is not necessary to give your personal account. You can create a new Apple ID for AltStore. Once you provide the Apple ID, AltStore will refresh each app with the provided credentials essentially treating the app as your own.
How AltStore Installs the Application on iOS Devices?
AltStore installs applications via iTunes WiFi Sync. Here, you will require the services of AltServer that is a PC mate for AltStore. AltServer resides on your desktop (Windows/MAC) and has the capability to connect with AltStore when over the same WiFi connection.
AltStore sends an application that has been refreshed with your credentials to AltServer over WiFi. AltServer, in turn, utilizes the iTunes WiFi sync methodology to install the refreshed app on your iPhone wirelessly.
You should check this out to know more about “Download Paid Apps for iOS for Free on iPhone/iPad” that too without any jailbreak.
Side Loaded Apps are valid for only 7 Days! How AltStore takes Care of this?
We all know that you have to reinstall every sideloaded application after 7 days. If you are thinking that you might need to do the same with AltStore, then you must discard these thoughts.
When AltStore is connected to the same WiFi as AltServer, it will automatically refresh the apps for you. You can even manually refresh the apps from AltStore. Please note that you at least have to launch AltStore every once in a while to enable it to form a connection with AltServer thereby allowing the automatic refresh to happen.
What Apps are present in AltStore?
It seems you are genuinely interested now to install AltStore. However, before that, you must know that as of now there are only two apps available in the alternative store; Delta and Clip, where Clip is a simple clipboard manager app.
Riley Testut and other developers will add more apps to the store on a regular basis.
Must Check: “Best Way to Install Two WhatsApp Accounts on iOS“.
Steps to Install AltStore on iOS
- As a first, you require installing AltServer on your Windows/MAC PC. Please navigate here to do the same.
- “ Download for MAC” & “ Download for Windows“.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the PC via USB Cable.
- Launch AltServer and select the connected iPhone/iPad from the ‘Install AltStore’ menu.
- Next, you require entering your Apple ID Credentials. You can create a new one for this if you are not comfortable entering your personal id.
- Great! Now the AltStore icon will come up on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Prior to launching the application, please trust its profile from Settings -> General -> Profiles.
- Launch AltStore and an interface almost similar to the Apple App Store will greet you.
- Before you download any application, please head over to the ‘Settings’ tab and enter your Apple ID credentials. Please note that these credentials must be the same that you utilized to set up AltServer.
- That’s it! Start downloading apps from AltStore now.
Alternative Store: “TuTuApp Lite Free on iOS No Jailbreak & No PC“.
Verdict: AltStore Download to Install Nintendo & Other Emulators
That was all that you require knowing about AltStore. However, if you have more questions in your mind or want to add up something, we will be happy to know about the same in the comments section provided below.