Although iOS users are moving in to iOS 12, for which, as claimed by Pangu Team, jailbreak attempt is successful in the new iPhone XS, a bulk of the iOS users are still running their iPhone/iPad on iOS 11. Multiple exploits and vulnerabilities are coming up for iOS 11. As per the latest updates another new iCloud Unlock Bug or iCloud Activation Lock Bypass Bug has been discovered in iOS 11 and reports for the same are circulating in each and every website that caters to the iOS jailbreak community.
The latest iOS 12.1 Developer Beta 4 along with Watch OS 5.1 and tvOS 12.1 4th Developer Betas is released to be tested by registered Apple Developers. Check here how you can get it on your iPhone.
With the aid and assistance of this new iCloud Unlock Bug, iOS users can, actually, bypass the iCloud Activation Lock. This bug functions by involving 3UTools Utility Application that lets you access the root file system on your jailbroken iPhone and due to this bug, you can delete the ‘iTunes_Control’ folder which is responsible for storing the activation lock information. Post deleting the folder, activation screen will come up and get immediately skipped.
Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iOS 11-11.4.1 [STEPS]
iCloud exploits are pretty serious as they can completely overcome Apple’s security and allow a person to unlock a stolen iPhone. However, if we look into the matter, many persons around us are buying locked iPhone from various online sources. Hence, if you have bought a locked iPhone, utilizing the below-mentioned steps, you can easily bypass iCloud Activation Lock.
- Switch on your device and follow the on-screen instructions. In the process, a screen will come up stating ‘Connect to iTunes.’
- From here, you require launching the 3UTools Application and let it identify your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone is identified you require navigating to the Root File System and search for ‘iTunes_Control’ folder and delete it.
- Post deleting the folder, you will notice that the message stating ‘Connect to iTunes’ will get bypassed.
Please note that it is not recommended to try this on your iOS 12 device as the same might not work. But, if your device is still on iOS 11-11.4.1 and jailbroken, you can try out the process.
Is it Really Worthy to go for this Process?
Please note that for a normal user this process is not at all useful and we won’t recommend that you give it a go. Moreover, according to various users, they are not able to run applications on their smartphone post deleting the control folder. However, you do can open FaceTime. As of now, people are moving in to iOS 12 and we don’t think this bug will hold any worthiness when the jailbreak for iOS 12 comes out.
Check out the following posts as well:
- Unlock Any Locked iPhone [iOS 11.4.1 & iOS 12] By Changing R-SIM & ICCID
- Sileo – Cydia Alternative for iOS 11 & iOS 12 from Electra Jailbreak Team