If you have utilized Checkra1n to jailbreak your A11 chip iPhone (iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and more), then you must be aware of the fact that, due to non-availability of a SEP bypass, you cannot use Face ID or Touch ID on your jailbroken iOS device. This brings serious security concerns. The iOS developer FoxfortMobile took notice of this and brings for us the amazing Checkl0ck tweak that nicely takes care of this issue.
While you certainly can utilize alternative jailbreak utilities like Taurine, UnC0ver, and more; but if you choose to stay with Checkra1n then Checkl0ck tweak will give you the peace of mind that you need as far as security of your jailbroken iOS device is concerned. Continue reading ahead to know more about the tweak.
- 1 Checkl0ck Tweak – How to Enable?
- 1.1 Checkl0ck Tweak – Features
- 1.2 Checkl0ck Tweak – How to Install?
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 1.4 Wrapping Up – Checkl0ck – Face ID/Touch ID for Checkra1n A11 Devices
Checkl0ck Tweak – How to Enable?
After you have successfully installed the Checkl0ck tweak, you will get a dedicated preferences pane in Settings that will look like the following. As you can see, Setup Instructions are clearly mentioned. For your convenience, we have highlighted the same for you below as well.
- Reboot your iOS device into non-jailbroken mode.
- Set up Face ID in Settings.
- Disable passcode and re-jailbreak with Checkra1n.
- When in jailbroken mode, set up a passcode for your iOS device in Settings.
- Toggle ON the Enabled switch in Checkl0ck Settings pane.
- Do a LDRestart and you will be able to unlock your iOS device with Face ID/Touch ID thereafter.
After you have completed the above steps properly, the Settings pane for the tweak will look like the following.
Check out the amazing 1ONE Jailbreak – All-in-One Jailbreak Tweak for iOS.
Checkl0ck Tweak – Features
The following are the features of the tweak at a glance.
- Native passcode support (both numeric and alphanumeric).
- Use Face ID / Touch ID to unlock your device.
- Auto Fill passwords in supported apps especially Safari Browser with Face ID/Touch ID.
- Biometric authentication for third-party apps with Face ID/Touch ID.
- Complete support for tweaks that utilize LA Context API for biometric authentication.
- Use Face ID/Touch ID to sign-in to Apple.
- Add VPN configurations under the protection of passcode or Touch ID.
- View deleted/protected notes with Face ID/Touch ID.
- Install free applications using Face ID/Touch ID from Apple App Store.
Checkl0ck Tweak – How to Install?
If you are interested in trying out this fantastic tweak on your Checkra1n jailbroken A11 iOS device, you can download the same for $2.99 from Havoc Repository using Sileo or Zebra package manager. Please note Havoc Repository does not support Cydia. All A11 chipset devices, jailbroken via Checkra1n, and running on iOS or iPadOS 14.3-14.8.1 support the tweak.
|Last Updated||Feb 24, 2022|
|Supported iOS versions||iOS 14.3 or Later|
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Q - Does Checkl0ck Tweak work in non-jailbroken mode?
Q - Does Checkl0ck Tweak prevent misuse of my device after rebooting?
No! If any of your friends/colleagues reboot your device, then you will not be in jailbroken mode thereby allowing complete access. However, this scenario is rare until you say clearly to them that you are using a jailbroken iOS device with a tweak for enabling passcode/Touch ID.
Q - Does Checkl0ck support Apple Pay?
Wrapping Up – Checkl0ck – Face ID/Touch ID for Checkra1n A11 Devices
That is all regarding this wonderful tweak that provides an additional layer of protection for your Checkra1n jailbroken A11 iOS/iPadOS device. Feel free to ask questions if any. Reach out to us via the comments section below with your queries. Before you leave, check out the following interesting posts as well.
- Dayn Tweak – Brings a New iOS Notification Banner .
- Akara Tweak – Let’s you Redesign Control Center [Customize].