The world of jailbreak has taken a significant leap forward by the release of A12 – compatible Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12.0-12.1.2. Chimera is a semi-untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 firmware. It is designed and developed by the collaboration of Coolstar, Nullpixel, Alessandro Chiarlitti, and AppleBetas. The Chimera jailbreak is developed from scratch specifically keeping in mind iOS 12+ and A12 iOS devices. Thus, we can easily say that Chimera is the first true blue jailbreak for iOS 12. While UnC0ver and other jailbreak alternatives are facing a plenitude of issues when jailbreaking iOS 12 firmware, Chimera provides complete and consummate compatibility with the iPhone/iPad models having A12/A12X processors.
Chimera Jailbreak utilizes a Core Trust Bypass that makes it safer and faster as compared to primitive jailbreak tools. Moreover, Core Trust Bypass ensures that the user doesn’t have to resign binaries over and over again. Improved stability and better battery management are the hallmarks of this new jailbreak. The primary difference between Chimera and other jailbreak options is the inclusion of Sileo, a modern Cydia replacement. The only depressing thing about this jailbreak is that it is still a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means that you have to re-jailbreak your iPhone/iPad in case you happen to restart your device.
Chimera Jailbreak – Supported iOS Devices
In this guide, we are going to detail the entire jailbreak process using Chimera on iOS devices. However, before that, you must know about the iOS devices that are supported by the jailbreak tool. Chimera is based on Brandon Azad’s voucher_swap_exploit for iOS 12 and is compatible with the following iPhone/iPad models.
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (2017) 5th Generation
- iPad (2018)
- iPad Pro (11-inch)
- Third-generation iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
Please note that you require sideloading the IPA file of the new jailbreak onto your compatible iPhone/iPad using Cydia Impactor in order to jailbreak your iOS device using the same. Following are the steps that you require following for sideloading Chimera IPA and jailbreaking your iPhone/iPad.
[How-To] Jailbreak iPhone XS/XS Max/XR With Chimera [STEPS]
There are two methods through which you can jailbreak your iPhone/iPad using Chimera. The first method involves the usage of a PC and the second method doesn’t require a PC. For your convenience, we have discussed both methods below.
- As a first, please download Chimera Jailbreak IPA file from here on your Windows PC/MAC Computer.
- Please download and install Cydia Impactor on your PC from here.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer. Launch Cydia Impactor and make sure it recognizes the connected iOS device.
- Now, you require sideloading the jailbreak IPA file onto your iPhone/iPad. You can refer our post from here for the sideloading steps.
- Make sure you trust the profile of Chimera after the sideloading process is complete.
- Now, before launching the jailbreak tool, close all applications from multi-tasker and put your device in AirPlane mode.
- Next, please launch the jailbreak and tap on the ‘Jailbreak’ button present in the center.
- Please wait for some time and if you happen to get a message stating that reboot is required, the jailbreaking process is successful. Please restart your device.
- However, if you don’t get such message and your iOS device reboots prior to the completion of the three steps of the spinning wheel, it means the exploit has failed. In this situation, you have to keep trying until the exploit succeeds.
- Simply launch the Safari Browser and navigate to https://ignition.fun.
- From the apps section select Jailbreaks -> Chimera.
- Tap on ‘Get’ to install Chimera on your iPhone/iPad.
- Make sure that you trust the profile of Chimera after successful installation.
- Now, launch Chimera, tap on the ‘Jailbreak’ button and follow the usual steps as described above.
Please note that the free Apple Developer ID that you will utilize with Cydia Impactor will sign the jailbreak tool for 7 days. Hence, after completion of 7 days, you will no longer be able to use the jailbreak tool. Therefore, if you happen to restart your iPhone/iPad, you require following the entire process from the beginning in order to re-jailbreak your iOS device. However, before starting the process, make sure you delete the existing Chimera application.
Failed to remount the filesystem error – Chimera Jailbreak
If you happen to receive the failed to remount the filesystem error, make sure you delete any iOS 12.2 updates from iPhone storage in Settings. Thereafter, run Chimera on AirPlane mode. This will fix the problem immediately.
Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 A12/A12X iPhone/iPad
This was all regarding the new Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12 for iPhone/iPad running on A12/A12X processors. If you face any issue while jailbreaking or have any question to ask, let us know about the same in the comments section provided below. You can also follow the Reddit Discussion for more information. Stay tuned with us for more updates.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- VideoHUD Tweak Download for iOS [iPhone/iPad] (Full Guide).
- UnC0ver Jailbreak iPhone XS, XS Max/XR iOS 12.2 – 12 (Update).