As compared to Android, the iOS operating system gives limited capability to the users for any kind of protraction in functionality. For some users, the default options are not enough and they resort to jailbreaking their iPhone/iPad to obtain complete liberty over the iOS operating system. Recently, Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS 13 was released that is based on the checkm8 BootROM exploit. Since it is a hardware-based exploit, Apple cannot patch it with merely a software update and the coolest part is that this application has the capability to jailbreak upcoming iOS versions as well on compatible iPhone/iPad.
As of now, the only noteworthy shortcoming that exists in Checkra1n Jailbreak is the fact that it supports only macOS users. The support to Windows and Linux users will be added in the near future and the developers are working on the same. However, if the excitement for the iOS 13 Jailbreak is too much to handle; a Python script that goes by the name of CumBox has come up online that has the capability to transform your Raspberry Pi into a Checkra1n dongle.
CumBox – How it Works?
Please note that as of now CumBox doesn’t have Checkra1n and it uses iPwnDFU for the time being. The developer is working on adding Checkra1n in the upcoming updates. Please click here to download the scripts and to know about the steps to make them run. For your convenience, we have detailed the same steps below as well.
- To run the scripts, you require installing git and python. Please use the following command for the same: sudo apt install git python python-rpi.gpio.
- After this, please plug a jumper wire into GPiO pin 7, and another one into the ground pin.
- Next, please run the sudo install-cumbox.sh script for the installation of CumBox and its associated services.
- Following are the commands that you can utilize to run it.
- To run silently without enabling on startup: sudo systemctl start cumbox.
- For running at startup: sudo systemctl enable cumbox (You have to reboot after this).
- To run it with logs: python /opt/cumbox/cumbox.py.
Final Words – CumBox to run Checkra1n via Raspberry Pi
This was all regarding CumBox and how to utilize the same to transform your Raspberry Pi into a Checkra1n dongle. If you have any queries and questions, please shoot them down in the comments section provided below.
Check the following interesting posts as well: