Lately, Chimera Jailbreak for A12/A12X iPhone/iPad came into the picture. With complete support for iPhone XS/XS Max, iPhone XR, and the latest iPad Pro, Chimera Jailbreak is perfect for iOS devices running on iOS 12.0-12.1.2. However, there is one disappointment with the jailbreak package. Chimera comes with Sileo, which is a popular Cydia-alternative, instead of Cydia installer. But, soon after the release of Chimera Jailbreak, the good news is here. You can now install Cydia installer with Chimera Jailbreak Support. In this post, you will learn about the steps to install the Cydia Installer with Chimera Jailbreak.
Get Cydia on Chimera Jailbreak [iPhone/iPad] [STEPS]
Without wasting even a single moment, let us begin with the steps to get Cydia on Chimera Jailbreak.
- As a first, please launch Sileo and add repo.pixelomer.com to the Sources.
- Please do a refresh for the sources.
- Install ‘Cydia Installer’ from the repository. Please note that this will remove ‘Cydia Compatibility Package,’ which is normal.
- After successful installation, please exit Sileo and open Cydia.
- You might get a ‘Half-Installed Package’ warning. Please ignore the same.
- In Cydia, you require adding repo.chimera.sh to the Sources.
- Conduct a search for ‘Sileo (Beta)’ and remove it. Please note that this is not an optional step.
- However, if you really want Sileo along with Cydia, you can reinstall it after uninstalling. However, please note that removing Sileo (Beta) initially is mandatory.
Cydia Installer with Chimera Jailbreak Support [Tips & Tricks]
- As you have witnessed above, ‘Cydia Compatibility Package’ gets removed upon installing ‘Cydia Installer.’ In any case, do not install the compatibility package again.
- If Cydia doesn’t show up, SSH into your iOS device and run “uicache –path /Applications/Cydia.app”
- If you don’t see ‘Cydia Installer’ in the repository, please check for ‘Cydia Universal’ as after a repository update the name might change to ‘Cydia Universal.’
[Update] – Cydia Ported to Chimera/Electra by Diatrus
Users who finally got Cydia working on Chimera reported of a plenitude of issues forcing the developer @pixelomer to abandon the project. A good friend of @pixelomer, Diatrus identified the issue stating that ‘Cydia-Universal’ was not able to correctly separate Cydia Packages. Basing it off his own Cydia fork, Diatrus rectified the issue and brought a new ‘Cydia for Chimera/Electra’ and you can get the same by simply adding https://diatr.us/chicydia/ to your Sileo sources. The good thing is that this version of Cydia can be utilized along with Sileo and has been tested on Chimera as well as Electra1131. However, if you have already installed @pixelomer Cydia Universal, you need to find a way to reverse the installation, in order to install Cydia by Diatrus.
One way is to Un-jailbreak your device jailbroken using Chimera Jailbreak and then starting from scratch.
Chimera Jailbreak with Cydia Installer – Final Words
This was all regarding the process to acquire Cydia Installer on Chimera Jailbreak. If you face any issues during the process, let us know about the same in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Complete UnC0ver Jailbreak Guide for all A12 Devices (Tutorial).
- VideoHUD Tweak Download for iOS [iPhone/iPad] (Full Guide).