Download iOS Apps larger than App Store Size Limit on Mobile data on iOS (iPhone/ iPad): As an iOS user, you must be aware of the fact that Apple has imposed a limit on the size of the applications that can be downloaded and installed over mobile data or cellular network. Before iOS 11 the application size was limited to 100 MB if you had to download the same over cellular network. After iOS 11, the same has been increased to 150 MB. Now, with iOS 12, the same has been raised to 200 MB. However, this restriction is posing a lot of problems for iOS users who don’t enjoy regular access to a WiFi network.
Take for example the case of the new game Mortal Kombat X on iPhone/iPad. It is 1.5 GB in size and we don’t think we need to explain the Mortal Kombat fans out there about the amazing experience that one gets while playing this fantastic game. However, even if you have a fast mobile data network, you can’t download Mortal Kombat X on your iPhone/iPad due to the 150 MB limit over the download size available on the cellular network.
That’s why we felt the need to write this post so as to make you aware that you can easily bypass this 150 MB or 200 MB limit and download your favorite applications and games irrespective of their size. So, how to do that? Check it out below.
- 1 Download Apps Larger than 150 MB over Mobile Data for iOS [iPhone/iPad]
Download Apps Larger than 150 MB over Mobile Data for iOS [iPhone/iPad]
- As a first, you need to make sure that you have the desired application initiated and ready to be downloaded. The initiation is done from the App Store.
- If you haven’t done the initiation yet, please head over to the App Store and navigate towards the application which you want to download but are unable to due to the mobile data download restrictions.
- Click on the ‘Install‘ button and confirm the installation of the application by Touch ID or Face ID depending upon the version of iPhone that you own.
- As usual, a window will pop-up in front of you stating the message that “Application is over 150 MB and may not download until you connect to WiFi.“
- Don’t worry about this window. Just click on ‘OK‘ and navigate back to the home screen of your iOS device.
- You will notice that the application of the icon that you wished to download would have appeared on the home screen and is waiting for a WiFi connection to resume download.
- Great! Now you need to follow the below steps to bypass the App Store download limit size check.
Bypass 150 MB/ 200 MB Size Check for iOS Applications and Download on Mobile Data
- Please navigate to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
- Toggle the option of Set Automatically to off.
- Now, just move the date ahead by like 3-4 days.
- Please click on General for navigating back.
Cool! Once you have made adjustments to the date, go to your home screen and click on the downloading application. You will notice that the downloading process will get modified from ‘Loading’ to ‘Waiting’ and the progress bar will come up inside the application’s gray icon. If the above steps sound really complex, be patient and wait for the public release of iOS 13.
Remove App Sore Mobile Data Download Size Limit on iOS 13
With the upcoming iOS 13 release, later this year, Apple has made a plenitude of modifications. Out of all these modifications, the biggest one is that users can download applications and games from App Store over mobile data regardless of their size. Users will have the option with them whether they want to limit the download size or not. Following are the steps that you need to take in order to activate this cool new facility on iOS 13.
- Navigate to Settings -> iTunes and App Store.
- Underneath the option titled as Cellular Data, please tap on ‘App Downloads.’
- Simply select the ‘Always Allow’ option.
That’s it! The limit has been completely removed now.
Conclusion: Download Apps larger than 150/200 MB over Cellular Data on your iPhone/iPad
That’s it! Now the application will download as normal. Of course, it will take time over the cellular network. If you are on iOS 11/12, please set your date and time back to normal settings once the download is over. On iOS 13, as mentioned above, you can simply let go of the download limit once and for all. Congratulations! You have successfully bypassed Apple’s App Store download size limit.
Facing any issues with the process? Have some additional questions to ask? Please feel free to put down your issues and queries in the comments section below.
You may like to read the following posts:
- Protect your iPhone from Trustjack Attacks.
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak: Latest 0day Bug might lead to JailBreak.