If you are looking to create your own custom Live or Dynamic wallpapers for iPhone/iPad, then you must know that the process is extremely tedious and not everybody can manage to achieve the goal. However, the difficult days are over. Thanks to iOS developer The_Lucifer, we have DynaWall jailbreak utility that enables us to create Dynamic and Live wallpapers straightaway on our iOS device.
Stalk Instagram safely; Prevent accidental likes with InstaNotAStalker.
The DynaWall utility works by processing images and videos present in the Camera Roll of the user’s iOS device. New wallpapers, once created, are present in the default Wallpaper library of the iPhone/iPad; Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper > Stills. From here, the user can select and apply the wallpaper created through DynaWall.
- 1 DynaWall on iOS 13 | Features
- 1.1 DynaWall | Create Custom Dynamic/Live Wallpapers on iOS 13
- 1.2 Requirement for DynaWall to Work
- 1.3 Install DynaWall Jailbreak Utility on iOS 13 [Jailbreak Needed]
- 1.4 DynaWall – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
DynaWall on iOS 13 | Features
This post will be incomplete without having an extensive look on the amazing features that DynaWall provides.
- Create Dynamic Wallpapers from Camera Roll.
- Create Live Wallpapers from the videos present in your device’s Camera Roll.
- Post selecting an image, you get a cool button that allows you to create a wonderful Gradient Wallpaper from the selected image.
- Using Smart Crop feature, you can create wallpapers perfectly optimized for your iOS device.
- The utility supports Image Filters as well.
- The Magic Fill feature loads images from various online sources. If you use Unsplash as your online source, it will pull Light Wallpaper from Nature, Mountains, and Seas while the Dark Wallpaper will be pulled from City and Night. You can configure the categories whenever you want. Other available online sources are Subreddit and Bing’s Daily Wallpapers. Please note that you can use the option Configure Online Sources to pull in new sources from where you wish to load images.
- While working on a Still Dynamic Wallpaper, if you happen to like only one image; you can pin the same using Image Pinning feature and then cycle the second image until you find one that you like.
- Delete the wallpapers that you have made anytime using the Delete Wallpapers feature.
Check out Signal Reborn – Maps Out All nearby Cell Towers on iPhone.
DynaWall | Create Custom Dynamic/Live Wallpapers on iOS 13
Before we move to the installation part, it is wise to discuss briefly how DynaWall works. For convenience, we have divided the working in two parts as discussed below.
Create Dynamic Wallpapers with DynaWall
- Launch DynaWall app on your jailbroken iOS device.
- From the menu tab below, you need to select the Dynamic tab.
- Here, you can set up two versions of the wallpaper viz Dark and Light for your iOS device.
- Select a Dark Wallpaper (left in the screenshot provided below) and a Light Wallpaper (right in the screenshot provided below).
- Thereafter, simply tap on the blue colored Create button to merge the two images into a single Dynamic Wallpaper. Give the title of the wallpaper and hit OK.
- Now, please navigate to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper > Stills for selecting and applying the new Dynamic wallpaper that you have created.
Create Live Wallpapers with DynaWall
- To create a Live Wallpaper, from the menu tab below, you require selecting the Live option.
- Now, you have to select a video present in the Camera Roll of your iOS device using the Choose Video button.
- Follow simple on-screen instructions and select a frame from the video that you wish to utilize as a Live Wallpaper.
- Post saving the Live Wallpaper, you can choose and apply it from Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper > Live.
Requirement for DynaWall to Work
Please note that if you are installing DynaWall on your iOS device, you need to install WallpaperLoader dependency as well from Skitty’s Repository. The URL for Skitty’s Repository is https://skitty.xyz/repo/.
Install DynaWall Jailbreak Utility on iOS 13 [Jailbreak Needed]
- Launch Cydia package manager or any preferred package manager like Sileo or Zebra on your jailbroken iOS device.
- Navigate to Sources > Edit and Add the official repo for the utility; Twickd.
- From the Search tab, look out for DynaWall.
- Hit the Install button to get the tweak on your jailbroken iPhone/iPad.
|Updated||May 28, 2020|
DynaWall – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Does DynaWall work on iPad?
DynaWall works with iPad. However, an iPad doesn't come with out-of-the-box Live Wallpaper support.
Can we delete the wallpapers that we will create?
Yes! DynaWall comes with a Delete Wallpaper feature allowing you to delete the wallpapers created by you. You can access the feature from the Settings tab of the DynaWall app.
Final Words – Create Custom Live/Dynamic Wallpapers [iPhone/iPad]
If you have any more questions regarding the amazing DynaWall utility, please reach out to us via the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting jailbreak tweaks as well:
- PinHeads – Pin Favorite Chats in Messages App [iOS 13].
- Kalm Tweak – Beautiful Lock Screen iOS (Scheduling, Scaling, DND & More).