Developed by iOS developers, LaughingQuoll and thetimeloop, the Emerald jailbreak tweak adds widgets to the left side of the notch on your jailbroken iPhone. These information-rich status bar widgets are in the form of a Pill-shaped button. You require tapping or holding onto the button to get detailed information from the widget.
Check out FreePIP – Enhance Picture in Picture Mode on (iPhone & iPad).
With the Emerald jailbreak tweak installed on your iPhone, you can make better use of the space around the notch which Apple has, indeed, missed taking advantage of. Continue reading to know more about the Emerald jailbreak tweak and how to install the same on your jailbroken iPhone.
- 1 How Emerald Tweak works?
- 1.1 How to configure Emerald Tweak?
- 1.2 How to Download Emerald Tweak on jailbroken iPhone?
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How Emerald Tweak works?
The tweak adds a Pill-styled button to the left side of the notch on your jailbroken iPhone. Along with displaying information-rich widgets, the tweak is aesthetically pleasing as well. Following are the widgets that are a part of this amazing tweak.
- Current condition
- Bluetooth devices
- Network upload and download speeds
- Battery levels
Simply tap and hold onto the Pill to select the widget for which information is required. A good number of these Emerald pills come with Platters. Platter is simply detailed information associated with the widget. Simply tap on the pill to access the platter.
Good examples of Platters are the Battery Pill that gives you battery information for connected devices, Temperature Pill that provides you with weather predictions of your area, and the Media Pill that allows you to check on the Now Playing controls. The following images gives you a quick glance of the tweak.
Check out DnDSwitch Tweak – Toggle Do Not Disturb Via Silent Button.
How to configure Emerald Tweak?
Post successful installation, the tweak will add the following preferences pane to the Settings app on your jailbroken iPhone. Through this pane, you can configure/tweak Emerald as per your liking.
Following are the options at a glance available in the preferences pane.
- Activate Emerald ON/OFF.
- Activate/Deactivate Emerald on Lock Screen.
- Application Blacklist.
- Select an action on swiping left.
- Select the position of the Emerald Pill.
- Set the X inset amount of the pill.
- Set the Y inset amount of the pill.
- Activate/Deactivate dynamically changing pills.
- Pill styling viz Dark, Light, or Dynamic.
- Hide the Pill background.
- Select a Pill text color.
- Activate/Deactivate the notification pill.
- Open the notification pill with a tap.
- Hide Stock notification banner when the associated pill is active.
- Select the content to be present on the notification pill.
- App Name
- Activate/Deactivate Bluetooth Pill.
- Activate/Deactivate Volume Pill.
- OFF/ON Reminders Pill.
- Activate/Deactivate Calendar Pill.
- Select from 24-hour or 12-hour time format.
- Choose whether you want a leading zero in the time or not.
- Select date format.
- Respring to save any changes that you make.
How to Download Emerald Tweak on jailbroken iPhone?
|Last Updated||January 20, 2021|
|Supported iOS Versions||12.0-14.4|
Please note that the tweak works best with iPhone with a notch. If you are interested to download and install the tweak, you can do so for $2.99 from Packix Repository using any preferred package manager. The tweak is compatible with iOS 12, iOS 13, and even iOS 14.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Does Emerald Tweak works only with notched iPhone?
It will work will all compatible jailbroken iPhone. But, the best experience of the Emerald tweak is on a notched iPhone.
Emerald tweak coming up while watching a video or playing a game. How to fix?
The developer has acknowledged that some of the users are having this issue. A fix for the same will be released in the next update.
Can we view more than one pill at once on Emerald?
No! As of now you can view only one pill at a time. You require tapping and holding to access other pills.
Conclusion – Emerald Tweak for Jailbroken iPhone
We hope you are all set now to download and use Emerald Tweak on your notched jailbroken iPhone. Let us know in the comments section provided below about your experience of using the tweak. Feel free to ask more questions if any.
Check out the following interesting posts as well.
- Eneko Tweak – Lets You Set Video as iPhone Wallpaper.
- LottieStatusBar – Get Lottie Animations to Status bar on iPhone.