How often you have thought that the low-light photography on your iOS device’s camera can be much better? While we cannot say the same about the non-jailbroken community, the jailbreak community clearly enjoys a wide variety of tweaks that add/enhance features & functionalities of the jailbroken iPhone/iPad. In this post, we are going to talk about Enlighten tweak that improves the low-light photography performance of your jailbroken iPhone.
Check out FreePIP – Enhance Picture in Picture Mode on (iPhone & iPad).
Developed by iOS developer XCXiao, the Enlighten tweak enhances the stock iOS camera application by enabling it to take much better photographs in a low-light environment. However, before we move forward, you must be clear that we are talking about low-light photography here; not the Night Mode.
- 1 Enlighten Low-Light Photography Tweak V 1.1.1 | What’s New?
- 1.1 How to Use Enlighten Tweak?
- 1.2 Install Enlighten Tweak (iOS 13.0-13.7)
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 18.104.22.168 Is Enlighten tweak compatible with iPhone 11 and iPhone SE 2020?
- 22.214.171.124 What is 2x, 4x, 8x on Enlighten tweak?
- 126.96.36.199 Can I click photographs in a very dark environment using Enlighten tweak?
- 188.8.131.52 Does Enlighten tweaks support for Portrait and Ultra-Wide Mode?
- 184.108.40.206 Is there a separate app for Enlighten?
- 1.3.1 Conclusion – Enlighten Tweak for Better Low-Light Photography on iPhone
Enlighten Low-Light Photography Tweak V 1.1.1 | What’s New?
The developer has recently released version 1.1.0 of the Enlighten tweak and there are considerable improvements and new features added that we have outlined for you below.
- Instead of just utilizing OpenCV, the tweak now utilizes Apple’s Metal, CoreImage, and Vision Framework for image processing.
- The tweak now carries a much better algorithm and a new way for transform matrix calculation thereby inducing a much better effect than its preceding versions.
- White-Balance and Color Correction function is re-written.
- Real-time brightness analyzing function helps the tweak to produce quality photographs under low-light conditions.
- Ghosting effect has been reduced.
- If you are trying to take a photograph in an extremely dark environment, the Low Light Boost feature will do the trick for you.
- If you are carrying a tripod, the Tripod Mode of the tweak will help you get a better exposure.
- The Focus Control feature helps the tweak to focus much better on the object in a low-light environment.
Check out Eneko Tweak – Lets You Set Video as iPhone Wallpaper.
As you can see from the above features, the Enlighten jailbreak tweak will improve the dismal low-light photography performance of your iPhone helping you to capture better-quality photographs. Check out the following comparison images to help you know how the tweak works.
How to Use Enlighten Tweak?
Post successful installation of the tweak, you will notice a toggle button coming up on the stock iOS camera app written as “E”. All you need to do is toggle ON the tweak and follow the below steps to capture a great image under low-light conditions.
- Focus on the object.
- Hold your phone still.
- Snap the photograph.
Check out iPadSwitcher – Bring the iPad Grid Switcher to Any Device (Update).
Apart from the “E” toggle button, a dedicated preferences pane in the Settings app will also come up that will allow you to enable/disable the tweak. Along with this, there will be a toggle for High Quality Mode. Of course, you can understand that the High-Quality Mode will get you better photographs, but since it requires more processing power, it is recommended to toggle ON only if you are using iPhone 8 or above.
|Last Updated||January 25, 2021|
|Supported iOS Versions||iOS 13.0 – 13.7|
Install Enlighten Tweak (iOS 13.0-13.7)
You can utilize the Package Manager of your choice and purchase the tweak for $1.99 from the Packix Repository on your jailbroken iPhone running on iOS 13.0-13.7.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Is Enlighten tweak compatible with iPhone 11 and iPhone SE 2020?
What is 2x, 4x, 8x on Enlighten tweak?
This options signify the maximum number of frames that Enlighten will capture after pressing the shutter button. It is recommended to use 4x or 8x for better noise reduction and get more light.
Can I click photographs in a very dark environment using Enlighten tweak?
Yes! You can turn ON the Low Light Boost feature of Enlighten that will help you get more light while taking photograph in a dark environment. We recommend keeping this ON in a majority of the cases.
Does Enlighten tweaks support for Portrait and Ultra-Wide Mode?
The developer plans to add the same in subsequent updates.
Is there a separate app for Enlighten?
Apart from the E toggle in the stock iOS camera app, there's not a separate application for Enlighten. However, the developer does plan to bring up the same in the recent future.
Conclusion – Enlighten Tweak for Better Low-Light Photography on iPhone
That was all regarding the amazing Enlighten tweak from our side. Feel free to ask questions, if any, in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Ekip – Get iOS Notifications on Mac (Control iPhone from Mac).
- iBlockX Offers Deeper Control over Incoming Notifications than DND.