iPhone & iPad are driving consumers crazy all over the world. The new Apple iPhone 8/8 Plus & Apple iPhone X broke all records and registered record sales and immense popularity. However, every now or then; one or the other bug is in news affecting a considerable chunk of iOS users. Recently, the bug that is making the rounds is the black dot bug which causes the iOS device in question to crash. All it takes is to receive the associated black dot message string in the form of a text.
If you haven’t received the bug as of now then its good for you. However, still, it is essential that you must know the method to recuperate your iOS device as well as the iMessage application once the bug has exerted its effect. So, if your iOS device is running on iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3, iOS 11.4 or iOS 11/11+ & iOS 12, there, definitely, is a solution to this problem. The solution depends on the fact that whether your iOS device is capable of 3D Touch or not.
Fix Black Dot Crashing Bug iOS 11.3/11.2.6 [STEPS]
- As a first please come back to the home screen by force closing the iMessage application.
- Using Siri; please arrange for sending a text to the person through which you received the black dot message so as to make sure that the malicious message is not the last part of the conversation.
- Thereafter, with the help of 3D Touch on the iMessage icon; please select the option of ‘New Message.’ Once the pop-up window of composing a new message comes up, please hit ‘Cancel.’
- You will be back in your conversations list now with the malicious conversation being on the top. Select the malicious conversation using the circle on the left and tap on ‘Delete‘ option to remove the malicious conversation in its entirety from your iOS device.
Must Read: Protect your iPhone from Trustjack Attacks.
- The steps to fix in this scenario are also similar. Please force close the message application and come back to the home screen.
- Now, the difference lies in the point that using Siri you require sending as many messages to the person who sent you the malicious message so that the black dot message doesn’t remain in the first level of display when the conversation is opened.
- Once done please open the Conversations list tap on Edit. Using the circle on the left select the malicious conversation and tap on Delete.
It has been reported from Apple that the manufacturer will release a patch for this bug in its iOS 11.4 update. Till then, you can follow the above-mentioned series of steps to fix he black dot crashing issue.
You may like to read the following posts:
- Install iOS 11.4 Beta 1 Without Developer Account.
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak[H3lixJB Update]-How to Jailbreak iOS 11.3 Tutorial.