Cydia Error “Method https Has Died Unexpectedly” Post APT Updates iOS 11/11+: Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11 and iOS 11.1.2, is launched with Cydia as a part of its package making it a complete jailbreak tool. But, users who are using the updated Electra Jailbreak, has reported that after a certain update they are receiving error messages such as “Method https Has Died Unexpectedly” from Cydia. These error messages are not letting them to install tweaks through Cydia.
This problem occurred because the update for Cydia, launched by Saurik, creator of Cydia, was originally meant for iOS 10 and not iOS 11. It actually broke the fork of Electra’s Cydia with iOS 11. We bring this post today to help our readers solve or eliminate this error. But please make sure that you have sufficient knowledge and skills to apply the below-mentioned method. You should not mess around with your iOS internal file system without having the required capability.
Method To Remove “Method https Has Died Unexpectedly Error” from Cydia | APT Update Error Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11.2.1/11.2
- Now, first and foremost you require to have an APT file which is compatible with the Cydia present in the Electra Jailbreak tool for iOS 11/11.2/11.2.1 You can download the same from the following link.
- Thereafter, once the package comprising the relevant APT file has been downloaded just transfer it to any folder where you can easily remember its location.
- Thereafter, please use Win SCP or Filza file manager to copy the same into root (/) folder. Win SCP Users are required to enter into a SFTP session for the purpose. You can use the username as ‘Root‘ and password as ‘Alpine.’ In case you are unable to make the connection please try using port number 2222.
- Now you are required to SSH into your device. You can use iTerminal App Store for the purpose. You won’t have any issues with SSH as Electra Jailbreak allows open SSH.
- Once you have successfully managed to SSH into your device please navigate to the folder or directory where you have placed the downloaded APT file in the second step mentioned above. Run the following command thereafter:
- dpkg -i apt7-lib_0.7.25.3-15_iphoneos-arm.deb
- Please do remember to hit ‘Enter’ post typing in the command. Once the command has been successfully executed you will find that you are able to use Cydia normally now and it is not throwing any kind of error.
Fix APT Update Error in Cydia using Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11.2.1/11.2
Make sure that the next time, upon launching Cydia, if the updates are showing up you shouldn’t update at any cost. If you do then you need to follow the entire above-mentioned process again.
If you are getting a warning message stating “unable to remove old directory” please ignore it and continue installing tweaks using Cydia on your jailbroken iOS device. You can also give permission to Cydia to ignore the particular updates related to APT. For that search and select the package APT 0.7 Strict Lib in Cydia. Tap on Change Package Settings and turn on the option of ‘Ignore Updates.’ This way new updates won’t bother the APT package again.
Conclusion: APT Update Error Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11.2.1/11.2
So folks this was the process through which you can fix the APT update error pertaining to Cydia on Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11/11.2.1.
You may like the following posts:
- Fix “Error: Topanga” in Electra iOS 11/11+ Jailbreak.
- Download SNE4iOS Emulator on iPhone/iPad No Jailbreak.