Fix “Error: Topanga” in Electra Jailbreak: Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11+ is truly wonderful in all aspects and according to current trends it is believed that Electra may come now with Cydia pre-installed with it. Now, there is a certain set of people who are not able to enjoy the amazing performance of Electra. This is because, these users, in past, have tried and used either the malicious to.panga jailbreak or installed LiberiOS on their devices.
Electra from Cool-star has a system implemented in it, known as DRM, that checks for any crumbs of the malicious to.panga jailbreak. So if it finds any traces your jailbreak will fail with “Error: Topanga” error. Since the DRM is checking for traces of installed files; you can find and delete those files, by yourself; beforehand and implement Electra jailbreak effortlessly without seeing any kind of error. Hence, the entire thing can be scaled and brought down to simply removing the files. Now let us talk about the ways through which you can fix the Topanga error.
Fixing ‘Error: Topanga’ Error on iPhone/ iPad iOS 11/11+
Method 1: Removal of Drop Bear folder.
- Under this method, as a first step, you are required to download, install and open FilzaEscaped File Manager. If you don’t have this application on your iOS device you can download the IPA file of this application and later sideload it on your iOS device using Cydia Impactor.
- Once you’ve launched the application, you are required to navigate to /etc folder on your device’s file system.
- In this folder you will find a folder named as Drop Bear. Just delete that folder and you are done.
Now it can happen that you are unable to find any folder named as Drop Bear. In that case please employ the following method:
Method 2: Remove Malicious Files
- Under this method you are required to launch FilzaEscaped application once again.
- Thereafter you are required to remove or delete the following files from their respective locations. These files are related to the installed files of Abraham’s developer-only tool.
- /Library/MobileSubsrate/ (remove entire folder)
- /etc/dropbear/ (remove entire folder)
- That’s it! Post removing the above mentioned files you can try running Electra Jailbreak once again.
Method 3: Remove Third-Party Applications
For those who haven’t tried any jailbreak tool yet and are first time trying Electra; those people can also get the same error. So don’t get surprised if you are one of them. Probably you are getting the error due to the presence of 3rd party applications on your iOS device.
If you are using any third party applications such as ++ social media applications please remove them from your iOS device before proceeding with Electra Jailbreak. For removing ++ applications and tweaks please remove the following files:
If you have installed any version of Cydia Extender then please remove the following files and folders:
- /Library/Switches/ (remove entire folder)
You can easily jailbreak your 10.3.3 iOS iPhone/iPad using H3lix Jailbreak tool. Read More: How to Jailbreak iOS 10.0.1-10.3.3 using H3lix jailbreak Tool.
Method 4: Clear Up The Bin Folder
In case nothing mentioned above is working for you; then it might be the case that there are some unnecessary files added in your root bin folder. For example the below picture shows bash as the file which is required to be removed from the root bin folder.
Just navigate to the root bin folder and remove all the files except df and ps files. Please take extreme caution, not to delete the df and ps files as these are important files related to the system.
Conclusion : “Topanga” Error in Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11/11+
So folks, these were the methods through which you can fix the Topanga error from your Electra Jailbreak. However, the thing to be noted is that you should use the above methods very carefully and only if you have enough confidence of messing around with your iOS operating system.
If you are still facing the Topanga error and none of the above mentioned methods are working for you then please let us know in comments below. We will look into the matter for you.
You may like the following posts:
- Sideload Apps on Apple TV 4K tvOS 11 Without Jailbreak.
- Install Jailbreak Tweaks on iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2.