Just like the world is full of people working to make systems safe, there are many always working to breach the security of such systems. Technicians devise security systems to ensure that people’s valuables are not stolen while another class of technicians ensures that they succeeding in getting their hands on those valuables. This situation is almost everywhere. Today, we are going to talk about iOS users who manipulate the security of Apple to gain access to a variety of content. This process of breaching the security of phones so that you can do more on your mobile is known as jailbreaking.
SnapChat Electra Jailbreak Bug FixingJailbreaking gives root access to its users which is otherwise restricted thereby allowing them to download and install additional applications, themes, extensions, etc. which are not available on the Apple’s app store.Some users tend to face problems with their Apple iOS 11 devices after jailbreak which are inevitable if you mess with the security of your device. But there are solutions to such problems. If you install Anemone theme manager from Cydia after jailbreak, chances are that your snapchat camera will give you trouble.
Today, we are going to discuss the problem where Snapchat camera does not work after Electra jailbreak toolkit. Though there are numerous reasons behind the camera of your Apple device not working and based upon that you can apply the suitable method such as changing the settings of the camera, updating the operating system, etc. Do check out this recent update, [How-To] Fix Stuck On “Please Wait (2/3)” Error in Electra iOS Jailbreak.
Fix SnapChat Black Camera Bug in Electra Jailbreak Update
Follow the mentioned below steps to get the camera back on track: It also happens after jailbreaking your device because we tend to install many third-party applications. After installing anemone from Cydia, the screen of snapchat camera appears black. It does not happen always but if you do face this problem with the camera then there is a solution.
- Navigating through the file explorer, go to Library/Themes and compress all the contents of the theme folder into a zip file.
- Open Cydia and till all the files are refreshed and then uninstall anemone. It might lead to uninstallation of the installed themes. If it does not then it is good but if it does then go back to the Library/Themes, extract the zip folder which you had created in the previous step so that the folder is back to its earlier state.
- In the next step, you have to follow the link Electra jailbreak Toolkit.
- go to Electra B11-3 and download it.
- Extract the IPA file associated with it and navigate to Electra b11-3.ipa/Payload/Electra.app. (IPA stands for iPhone application archive)
- Extract the archive file “tweaksupport.rar” and then, in it, navigate to /Library/SBInject and copy all the anemones files present in it.
- Now, on your phone, navigate to /usr/lib/TweakInject and paste all the copied anemones files here.
- Respring your device and you will have all the themes installed on your phone.
- Now, go to the folder Electra b11-3.ipa/Payload/Electra.app/anemone app, using your computer and drag the app into the Applications folder on your iPhone.
- In the end, you need to change the octal permission for Anemone.app to 0775. In addition to this, open the Anemone app, find the file with name “anemone” and rename it as “0775”. Now, run uicache and respring your device. This will complete the process.
- Now, you have the anemone app installed on your phone.
After performing the above procedure, your snapchat will work just fine. Also fix another bug on this electra update:Cydia Error after APT Update on iOS With Electra Jailbreak.
Fix for Snapchat’s black camera bug caused by Anemone on Electra 1.0.2 : Alternative Way
However, if you have not done any jailbreaking of the operating system of your Apple device but you still face a problem with snapchat camera, you can try the following methods:
- You can try restarting your phone.
- Try to uninstall the snapchat, restart the phone and reinstall the app.
- Disabling the geotagging of photos can be also tried. (In the camera settings, you can turn off the geotagging setting)
- You can give Snapchat beta a try.
- Disabling the snapchat filters can also make the camera of your device work fine. Majority of the users tried this method and got their camera issue fixed.
- Try to update the sanpchat app, if there is any available.
- You can try to restore the phone to factory settings.
- Uninstalling updates and clearing cache also help in snapchat camera showing a black screen. Clearing the cache data will delete all the files saved by the app and it will be a fresh app now.
- Check the memory status of your phone. There should be enough memory in the phono to save photos and videos.
- Removing the third party application can also help as these are not sometimes licensed and most of them peep through the working of other apps to steal your information.
Must Check Updates:
Solved SnapChat App Camera Not Working after iOS 11 Electra Jailbreak Update
These are the solutions that will surely help you in case you face any problem with your snapchat camera. We have tried our best to fix this Snapchat black camera issue in electra jailbreak on iOS 11.1.2, 11.1, iOS 12 and many other versions, if you have any more queries feel free to contact us. Thanks.