Developed by iOS developer Gabriele Filipponi and designer Alessandro Chiarlitti, Gesto is a new jailbreak tweak that gives your iOS device’s App Switcher powerful new abilities that makes multitasking much easier. In short, Gesto allows you to integrate Control Center into the App Switcher. Apart from this, it does several other things that make the App Switcher on your iPhone/iPad much better. In this post, we are going to share with you the features as well as steps to download and install Gesto on your jailbroken iPhone/iPad.
Are you feeling like jailbreaking your iPhone XS? Check out the new Chimera Jailbreak.
What are the features of Gesto?
Gesto supports all iPhone/iPad running on iOS 11 and iOS 12. As said above, the tweak enables you to combine the App Switcher and Control Center. Well! It allows you to do the same in two ways.
In the multi-side view, the App Switcher and the Control Center comes up in the same view with the App Switcher on the top and the Control Center right below it. You can explore all of the options present in the Control Center by just swiping the same horizontally.
The iPhone X users have to access the Control Center from the top of the screen. However, with the Side-by-Side view of Gesto, you can simply access the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and then swiping left. In order to go to the App Switcher, you simply require swiping right.
Did you know that you can access Spotify Premium for free? Install Spotify++.
However, this is not just it to Gesto. With this amazing tweak, you can perform some quick actions with ease, without leaving the App Switcher. You can access Control Center, clear applications, control your music and battery and much more. The App Lock feature of Gesto is simply fantastic. With that, you can actually lock applications in the App Switcher so that you don’t accidentally close them. The initial release of the application did have some issues. However, the developers solved them all in the latest update Gesto 1.1.
[Update] What are the fixes and improvements in Gesto 1.1?
- The developer added a new ‘Cleared Apps’ option that enables you to invoke the App Switcher even if all applications are cleared.
- If you have ‘Reduced Motion’ enabled, then with Gesto 1.1 you will have full support for that.
- There is an ‘Enable’ option added to the tweak which disables the tweak if it is turned off.
[Update] Gesto 1.2 is now available
Good news for those who have purchased Gesto. The latest update Gesto 1.2 is not available. Majority of the bugs have been fixed in this update further improving the performance of the tweak.
- Multi-Side’s Control Center can now be vertically scrolled. In prior versions the same could be scrolled horizontally only. You have to adjust the same in Multi-Side’s Settings.
- The layout of the Multi-Side App Switcher view was not perfect on some iOS devices. The same has been taken care of in this update.
- Complete support is added for ‘Reduced Motion’ iOS users.
- There are visible improvements in the Side-by-Side view as well.
Download and Install Gesto 1.2 on iPhone/iPad
- Please note that you ought to have your iPhone/iPad jailbroken in order to install Gesto.
- All the jailbroken users can download and install this tweak from https://repo.dynastic.co/package/gesto?refsrc=dynl.
- Please note that Gesto is a paid tweak. You require shelling out USD 3.99 bucks to acquire the tweak.
Final Words – Gesto Jailbreak Tweak on iPhone/iPad
This was all regarding Gesto. If you have any questions to ask, feel free to write us a note down in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts:
- Download WhatsApp Plus on iPhone/iPad (Guide).
- Download Xeon Beta to get Beautiful Percentage in Battery Icon.