Tie yourself to the ground because the news contained in this post is so exciting that you might start flying with enthusiasm. The waiting period is finally over. The latest version of Electra Jailbreak – Electra for iOS 11.3.1 – is out and is completely compatible with iOS devices up to iPhone X and even has Cydia support. Post release of the Kernel Exploit for iOS 11.3.1 by Ian Beer, Coolstar had officially announced that it has commenced working vigorously on updating the existing Electra Jailbreak tool to support iOS 11.3.1 and since then the jailbreak community is waiting with extreme patience for the same to get released.
Finally, the patience of jailbreak lovers is rewarded by Coolstar by releasing the Electra Jailbreak tool for iOS 11.3.1. Another cool thing is that the latest update to Electra not only supports iOS 11.3.1 but all iOS versions below that, down to iOS 11.2. If you haven’t downgraded to iOS 11.3.1 yet you can do the same, provided, Apple is still signing the firmware, without using BLOBS from here. Being a jailbreak fan you must be knowing that in previous versions of Electra Jailbreak, Cydia was not a part of the package and had to be installed separately in order to access your favorite apps and tweaks. It is, undoubtedly, hard work and tested your patience further as you had to wait for updates from Saurik. This time, Electra for iOS 11.3.1 is complete in all respects.
The latest update to Electra comes with Cydia as a part of the package itself along with Substitute Framework – a replacement for Cydia substrate. So, all you need to do is to jailbreak your device using the latest Electra tool and you are done. Start installing your favorite tweaks right away after that. Check out the best iOS 11.3.1 compatible tweaks on Cydia for Electra iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak.
- 1 Requirements for iOS 11.2-11.3.1 & iOS 11.4 Jailbreak using Electra [iPhone/iPad]
- 1.1 Compatible Devices List for Electra 1131
- 1.2 Compatible Devices for Electra 1131
- 1.3 Download Electra1131 Jailbreak IPA Files
- 1.4 How-To Jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.3.1 & iOS 11.4 (iPhone/iPad) using Electra1131 [STEPS]
- 1.5 Method 2: Jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.3.1 using Electra | Electra1131
- 1.6 Electra1131 IPA File Download | Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Requirements for iOS 11.2-11.3.1 & iOS 11.4 Jailbreak using Electra [iPhone/iPad]
Before you go ahead with jailbreaking your 64-bit iPhone or iPad with the latest Electra release there are a series of requirements that you must fulfill.
- You require a 64-bit iPhone or iPad with iOS versions from 11.2 up to 11.3.1 & iOS 11.4. Even Beta versions are supported along with iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch devices up to iPhone X.
- You can go with the process on Windows PC and even MAC Computer.
- Please download and install the latest version of Cydia Impactor tool, according to your PC’s operating system, from its official website. The complete guide on Installing Cydia Impactor is here.
- Update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Either get a paid Apple Developer ID from Apple’s Developer’s Website or you can also go ahead with a free one from the same website.
- Next, please download the latest Electra1131 final IPA file from the official website of Coolstar. On the Coolstar website, you will be greeted by two versions of Electra.
- The Dev Account one requires a paid Apple Developer ID while the Non-Dev Account one can be utilized with a free Apple Developer ID. The only difference between the two is the exploit which is being employed for jailbreaking your device. The Dev Account one utilizes a multipath TCP exploit which compared to the VFS exploit, used in the Non-Dev Account one, has a higher jailbreak success rate.
Compatible Devices List for Electra 1131
- iOS 11.2 – iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.2, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6
- iOS 11.3 – iOS 11.3.1, iOS 11.3.1
- iOS 11.4 – iOS 11.4 Beta 1, Beta 2 & Beta 3
Compatible Devices for Electra 1131
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
Download Electra1131 Jailbreak IPA Files
Latest Electra1131 v1.1.0 (LATEST) – VFS Reliability & Stability Improved
Electra + Better VFS Version
How-To Jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.3.1 & iOS 11.4 (iPhone/iPad) using Electra1131 [STEPS]
You must have the knowledge that Electra for iOS 11.3.1 is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This means that if your device powers off or you reboot your device, you have to again jailbreak it using the Electra tool. However, if post reboot the Electra app keeps on crashing whenever you try to launch it, please re-install the same using Cydia Impactor. Let’s start with the process to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad with Electra for iOS 11.3.1 now.
- As a first, please connect your iPhone/iPad with your Windows or MAC PC and make sure that you take a complete backup of the essential data on your device.
- Enable AirPlane mode, disable Siri and restart your device prior to running the Electra installation process on it.
- As it was mentioned in the pre-requisites section above, you must have downloaded and installed the latest version of Cydia Impactor by now. Please launch the executable file of the same on your PC.
- The Cydia Impactor tool will detect your iPhone or iPad which you have connected to your PC. Once your iOS device is successfully detected please drag and drop the Electra1131 IPA file on to it.
- You will be requested to enter your Apple Developer ID credentials now. Please enter the same. If you get a warning that any existing Apple Developer certificate will be revoked, please don’t worry about the same. Ignore the warning and continue with the process.
- Cool! The sideloading process will start now and will complete within a few minutes.
- Please don’t launch the Electra app yet. First, navigate to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management and trust the profile of the Electra app installed.
- Post trusting the profile, please launch the Electra app from the home screen. There will be a button titled as ‘Jailbreak‘ in the middle. Click on it and make sure that ‘Tweaks‘ toggle is set to ‘On‘ position.
- Your iOS device will be rebooted by Electra. Post reboot launches the Electra app again and tap on ‘Jailbreak‘ once more to continue with the jailbreaking process.
- Post finishing of the process you will get a notification that your device has been successfully jailbroken and you will also see Cydia icon on your home screen.
- Go ahead! Launch Cydia! Install your favorite tweaks and enjoy the jailbreak.
Method 2: Jailbreak iOS 11.2-11.3.1 using Electra | Electra1131
1. First of all, you need to download Electra and the Cydia Impactor.
2. Using the Impactor, impact the IPA. If required, you can use the password which is App Specific.
3. Now, you need to turn on Airplane Mode on your device.
4. Next, you are required to go to Settings. Lookup for Siri option and then you need to disable all the options that show up including the apps also. You are also required to disable Search & Siri Suggestions as well as the Show App option.
5. Once you are done with that, you need to turn off the WiFi, Bluetooth and Data connection of your device.
6. Now you have to reboot your device. It is highly recommended to unplug your phone’s cable before proceeding further and wait for sometime.
7. Next, you need to launch Electra and then you can jailbreak with Tweaks OFF.
8. You do not have to reboot manually, as mostly it will reboot automatically.
9. Now you are again required to tap Jailbreak. Now, the device should show that Cydia is being installed.
10. Once the install is done, if it shows any kind of errors such as EXPLOIT or ROOTMOUTF, you need to manually reboot the device, wait for sometime and repeat the steps from step 7.
11. Once you are done with this, a message should show up that “OpenSSH is now working. Enjoy!“. Then the jailbreak for your device is successful.
12. You need to run SSH using PuTTy on Windows or Mac Terminal on Mac if Cydia does not show up. For this, you need to enable WiFi on your device.
13. When you are done, you need to use the IP address of your device with Port 22.
14. Now you are required to login with root password alpine.
15. Type the uicache and you are done! You now have Cydia on your device.
You can also download and use Electra1131 MultiPath Version Without A developer account using “Ignition Signing Services“. This is easiest tweak to get it without using any developer account.
Electra1131 IPA File Download | Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
So, this was the complete process to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch with the latest Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 by Coolstar. In case you have any doubts or questions in mind please feel free to put down the same in the comments section below.
Also, please check the following posts:
- Install Houdini Semi Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1 [Latest Update].
- [How-To] Gear Up for Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak on iPhone/iPad.