First of all, for those who are not aware, let me tell you that Icy Installer is a DPKG-based package manager developed for iOS by ArtikusHG. Most advanced iOS users categorize Icy Installer as a better alternative to Cydia. After a gap of about more than 7 years, Icy Package Installer was relaunched on iOS 7-10 operating system. However, the same didn’t allow addition of third-party Cydia repositories and could be used only for manual Debian package installation. The developer had taken note of this and now the latest version, Icy Installer 3.2, supports the addition of third-party Cydia sources.
Unlike Cydia, the speed of loading packages is much better for Icy Installer as it is capable to give you ultra fast loading speeds. Moreover, it occupies less memory in your iOS device as compared to Cydia. Please note that the latest package installer will work on iOS 7-11 operating systems and supports only 64 bit iOS devices. Before we move to the download and installation part it is mandatory to share with you certain facts and features about the latest version.
Icy Installer 3.2 for iOS 7-11 [iPhone/iPad]| Features
The latest version of this Cydia alternative has brought in a variety of features which were, actually, needed and were missing in its previous versions.
- The latest version has got the ability to add third party Cydia sources which is a great improvement over its previous versions.
- Speed is improved further and the latest version works at ultra-fast speeds and is much better than Cydia in terms of speed.
- The latest version supports dark mode, landscape/portrait orientation on iPhone/iPad from iOS 7 to iOS 11. Yes! unlike previous versions Icy supports iOS 11 as well now.
- According to developer, the package installer may support iOS 12 as well if it is jailbroken.
- The design of the latest version has been entirely revamped and is more or less inspired from the iOS 11 App Store.
Well! The new features certainly look promising. For those who want to download and install the latest package installer on their devices, please read ahead.
Install Latest Icy Installer 3.2 [iPhone/ iPad] [STEPS]
- First, you need to launch Cydia from your jailbroken iPhone/ iPad.
- Thereafter, navigate to Sources and click on Edit -> Add.
- Now, please add the Cydia source artikushg.github.io.
- Once the source is successfully added; please search for Icy in it and hit ‘Install‘ to start the installation process of it on your iOS device. Please refer the following screenshot for details.
- Post successful installation you will be able to locate the icon of this fantastic Package Installer on the home screen of your iOS device.
Just try out the latest Flex 3 for iOS devices. Read More: Download and Install Flex 3 (Beta Version 43) on iOS 11/11.1.2 and iOS 12.
Latest Icy Installer 3.2 on iOS 7-11 [iPhone/iPad]
According to the developer he will soon start working to bring Icy to the rootless jailbreak concept so that tweaks can be installed without any modifications to the root file system. So, that was all regarding the latest Icy Installer 3.2.Please do let us know in comments below your experience of using the package installer. Also, if you get stuck up somewhere during the installation process, please do let us know about the same by writing your issue down in comments section below.
You may like to read the following posts:
- Download TuTuApp VIP Free on iOS 12 (iPhone/iPad) No Jailbreak.
- Re-Install Cydia on Electra Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2/11+ Device.