Apple has issued the fourth segment of operating system betas for iOS 12.1, Watch OS 5.1 & tvOS 12.1. All the Apple Testers who are a participant in the company’s developer beta testing program can download and install the fourth beta builds including iOS 12.1 Beta 4, Watch OS 5.1 Beta 4 & tvOS 12.1 Beta 4. Signed up developers can either download the latest builds from Apple Developer Center or get the same via an OTA update on their iOS devices which they have registered with the Apple Developer Beta Testing Program. This development comes within a very short period post release of iOS 12.1 Beta 3.
Though there is no significant difference in iOS 12.1 Beta 1, Beta 3 and the current iOS 12.1 Beta 4 with most of the changes being bug fixes and performance improvements, major changes do exist when comparing iOS 12 and iOS 12.1. Following are the major additions and alterations which have come up from iOS 12.1 Beta 1-4.
Apple iOS 12.1, Watch OS 5.1, tvOS 12.1 Beta 4 Updates – What’s New?
For a significant part iOS 12.1 seems more like a minor update over iOS 12, however, there are few considerable additions and improvements that are not present in iOS 12 as listed below.
- Group FaceTime is the new feature which enables up to 32 people to participate in a single FaceTime video conference.
- For those who love emojis, good news is that Apple has added 70 new emojis in iOS 12.1.
- Horizontal Face ID support is included which will be extremely useful for upcoming iPad models.
- With iOS 12.1 iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max will be able to utilize the e-SIM feature enabling customers to use two SIM Cards on a single iPhone. Please see the following screenshot.
- Moreover, Live Preview for Depth Control is added in the camera’s Portrait Mode so as to enable you to capture the best possible picture quality.
Please note that Pangu Team has successfully jailbroken iOS 12 on the new iPhone XS. Click here to get more information.
As far as tvOS 12.1 Beta is concerned, except certain bug fixes and performance improvements, no major changes are incorporated. If we speak about Watch OS Beta then the primary change is the ability to handle FaceTime call via audio till the time the user is able to switch to video from an iOS device.
4th Developer Betas of iOS 12.1, Watch OS 5.1 & tvOS 12.1 – Should We Update?
As compared with previous developer betas nothing significant is added in the 4th Beta build, hence we will advise to skip this until a build with considerable number of changes is released. Moreover, please note that Apple has advised the testers to download the builds on their secondary non-essential iOS devices as there is always a chance for critical bugs and errors to come up. Stay tuned with us for more updates.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- Install MacOS Mojave on Unsupported Mac’s [Complete Installation Steps].
- iOS 12 Untethered Jailbreak Demoed By Security Researchers.