One of the primary advantages of being jailbroken is that you can install jailbreak tweaks on your iPhone/iPad and enhance the functionality of various applications. However, not every user is willing to jailbreak their iOS device but they still seek at least a significant portion of the advantages that jailbroken users enjoy. If you are one of these non-jailbroken users then you are going to love IPA Patcher.
Check out Legizmo Tweak – Pair Any Watch with Any iOS [WatchOS 7 with iOS 13.5].
Developed by Brandon Plank, IPA Patcher is a fantastic utility that allows you to inject tweaks into IPA files and later on you can sideload the modified application onto your iPhone/iPad and enjoy augmented functionality without jailbreak. In short, you can tweak popular iOS apps with IPA Patcher without requiring to jailbreak your iOS device.
How IPA Patcher Works?
If you are thinking that IPA Patcher is a sideloading tool, then you are mistaken. It is a utility that will simply help you to create a modified app which later you can sideload onto your non-jailbroken iOS device. Following is the functionality of the app in a line.
Original App’s IPA File + Tweak Debian or Dylib = Combined App
So, in the combined app you will get all the features of the original application plus the features that are imparted by the tweak as well. Therefore, you are actually enjoying the functionality of Cydia or any other jailbreak package manager without actually having to jailbreak your iOS device.
Check out Velaris Tweak – Calendar & Weather on Home Screen iOS.
Before you proceed with the patching, you require making sure that the IPA file and the tweak are compatible with each other. That you can check out from the repo page of the tweak.
How to Use IPA Patcher on MACOS [STEPS]
Please note that as of now IPA Patcher is only available on MacOS newer than version 10.1.0.
Phase 1 > Installing IPA Patcher
- As a first step, you require downloading the ZIP package of IPA Patcher from here.
- Then, on your MAC, please navigate to Applications > Utilities and kick-start the Terminal.
- You require entering the sudo command on the terminal.
- Please extract the application from the ZIP Package that you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Now, if you don’t have the installation of dpkg on your MAC, you require entering the command brew install dpkg on the terminal for doing the same.
- Next, please do a right-click on IPA Patcher and select the option Show Package Contents from the pop-up menu that comes up.
- Make your way to Contents/MacOS/ iPAPatcher.
- Now, you require running this application with root privileges. So, you need to drag the iPAPatcher file into the terminal window using the sudo command.
These steps will download, install, and launch IPA Patcher on your MacOS.
Phase 2 > Preparing the Modified App
- You require being in possession of the IPA file and the Tweak Debian Package to prepare the modified application.
- Tap on Choose IPA and select the IPA File.
- Tap on Choose dylib/deb to select the Debian file.
- Thereafter, simply tap on Build new IPA.
- It won’t take more than 10 seconds for the process to complete. The modified IPA will be present in your Downloads folder.
Next, you can sideload the modified IPA onto your non-jailbroken iOS device using Cydia Impactor or AltStore.
[Update] – IPA Patcher Fully Updated V 1.0 [Out of Beta Stage Now]
Good news folks! IPAPatcher is out of Beta Stage now and the developer Brandon Plank has completely re-written and updated the same as IPA Patcher V 1.0. Following are the new features in IPAPatcher V 1.0.
- Users can select now as to where the modified IPA file must be saved.
- Now, there’s no requirement of running the entire merging process through the terminal.
Please note that, as of now, the developer has released only the source code of the same. If you are interested, you can check out the source code of the V 1.0 on the developer’s GitHub page.
Final Words – IPA Patcher [Inject Tweaks into Apps – No Jailbreak]
That was all regarding the installation and working of IPA Patcher. If you have any further queries or face any issues while using the app, please reach out to us with your concerns in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well.
- Kalm Tweak – Beautiful Lock Screen iOS (Scheduling, Scaling, DND & More).
- Velvet Tweak – Customize Notifications Alerts & Widgets.