Developer Jake James has released rootlessJB 3.0/3.1 for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 users. As of now, this is the only jailbreak for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 which comes with tweak injection support. As of now, the rootlessJB for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 is meant only for the developers as it is still in the early stages. However, if you wish to install the jailbreak tool on your iPhone/iPad, you can do so by following the steps mentioned in this post. The jailbreak, based on Brandon Azad’s voucher_swap exploit, has read and write permissions to the var subdirectory only. Therefore, you won’t get most of the things on your iOS device which a jailbreak, generally, provides.
Please note that with this rootlessJB, you can jailbreak any iOS device beginning from iPhone 6S to the iPhone X. As of now, the jailbreak supports only iOS devices running on A9-A11 processor chips. The developer is yet to add the support for A12 iOS devices and is working on the same. However, until then, if you have a compatible iOS device, you can proceed with the steps mentioned in this post to jailbreak the same.
Jailbreak iOS 12-12.1.2 A9-A11 Devices Using RootlessJB [STEPS]
If you are confused in determining whether your iOS device is compatible with the rootlessJB or not, for your convenience, we have provided that list of iOS devices below.
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus iPhone X
- iPad (2017) (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro (12.9 in.) 1st generation
- iPad Pro (9.7 in.)
- iPad Pro 10.5″ (2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd Gen (2017)
- iPad (2018)
Please check the OsirisJalbreak12 developed and released by the developer GeoSn0w. Click here for more information.
If your iOS device comes under the list of devices mentioned above, then proceed with the below-given steps to jailbreak your iOS 12-12.1.2 device using rootlessJB.
- As a first, please launch the Safari Browser and head to jailbreaks.fun on your compatible iPhone/iPad.
- Please use the ‘Search Bar’ to search for rootlessJB. You will get a rootlessJB application by developer Jake James in the search results.
- Tap on the ‘Get’ button and wait for the download to complete.
- Post successful installation of the jailbreak application, please head over to Settings -> General -> Profile & Device Management and trust the developer profile of the application.
- Thereafter, please put your device in AirPlane mode and launch the jailbreak application. Please make sure that the “Tweaks” option is toggled on. Hit the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
- After the completion of the process, your iOS device will respring. This means that everything is fine. However, if your device restarts, it means that the process is not completed. In this case, you require trying again.
RootlessJB for iOS 12-12.1.2 | How to check Jailbreak Status?
As of now, the jailbreak tool doesn’t provide any kind of notification about the jailbreak state of the iOS device. If you want to check whether your device is jailbroken or not, you require putting SSH into your iOS device. If it succeeds, you are good to go. As of now, even the preference loader of the jailbreak is broken and the developer is going to fix the same in future updates. Therefore, as said in the beginning, you won’t get much of the things with rootlessJB, which a jailbreak tool provides generally. Please let us know about your experience after jailbreaking your compatible iOS device with rootlessJB in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Electra for iOS 11.4 – iOS 11.4.1 (Electra 1.2.1 IPA – Jailbreak).
- Unc0ver 3.0.0 iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak Released (Download IPA Now).