Lately, developer @pwn20wnd released UnC0ver Jailbreak for iOS 11.4.x. Now, there is another good news for the jailbreak community! Developer @pwn20wnd has updated UnC0ver Jailbreak with support for iOS 12 firmware with full Cydia and Substrate support. You can jailbreak iOS 12, iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 and iOS 12.1.2 using UnC0ver and then install Cydia as well on your iPhone/iPad. Please note that this jailbreak works on all A8X-A11 devices. Even iPad Pros aren’t supported yet but the support for them is coming soon.
Did you know that Luca Tudesco has released a WebKit RCE Exploit for iOS 12.1.4? Check out the linked post for more info.
Please do not try this jailbreak on any other firmware later than iOS 12.0-12.1.2. If you are unsure whether your iOS device is compatible with the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak or not, please check out the list of compatible devices provided below.
UnC0ver Jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 | Compatibility
Following iOS devices are compatible with the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12.0-12.1.2:
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (2017) 5th Generation
- iPad (2018)
Speaking about firmware, following firmware are compatible with the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak.
- iOS 12.0
- iOS 12.0.1
- iOS 12.1
- iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2
In the very near future, you might be able to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad using Siri Shortcuts. Check the link for more info.
In this guide, we will share with you the steps to jailbreak your iPhone/iPad using UnC0ver with a computer as well as without a computer. Overall, the following are the prerequisites that you require taking care of before proceeding with the jailbreak.
UnC0ver Jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 | Requirements
- A compatible iPhone/iPad running on iOS 12.0-12.1.2.
- A computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux.
- Cydia Impactor.
- A good internet connection.
UnC0ver Jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 | Things to Know
Please take care of the following things before you proceed with jailbreaking your device.
- You have to remove any existing OTA firmware file from Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage. Post removal of the same, make sure you reboot your device. This is a must if you don’t want to enter into a bootloop.
- Please note that some repositories might not work due to a bug in Apple’s code on iOS 12.
- You must know that this is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This means after every reboot, you have to re-jailbreak your iOS device.
- If you are already using RootlessJB on your iOS 12.0-12.1.2 compatible device, then the same will get uninstalled automatically when you jailbreak using UnC0ver.
- It is highly recommended to turn on the AirPlane mode before attempting the jailbreak.
- Make sure that Passcode is not active on your iPhone/iPad and Find my iPhone feature is turned off.
Now, you are ready to jailbreak your compatible iPhone/iPad running on iOS 12.0-12.1.2 using UnC0ver Jailbreak.
Jailbreak iOS 12.0-12.1.2 With UnC0ver Jailbreak
- As a first, please download the UnC0ver Jailbreak IPA file from here.
- Next, you require downloading and installing Cydia Impactor from here.
- Now, you require utilizing Cydia Impactor to sideload the UnC0ver Jailbreak IPA on your compatible iPhone/iPad. If you are not aware of the sideloading steps, you can check out the same from here.
- After the sideloading procedure is over, make sure you navigate to Settings -> General -> Profiles and Device Management and trust the profile of the UnC0ver application.
- Next, make your way to the home screen and launch the UnC0ver App. Tap on the ‘Jailbreak’ button for the process to start and wait for it to complete.
- The app will now display the following message – “The system snapshot has been successfully renamed. The device will now be restarted”. Press OK to restart your device.
- After restarting, start the jailbreak app again and tap on ‘Jailbreak.’
- When the app completes 27/38 steps, press OK to reboot the device. It’s completely normal for the app to take two restarts before it installs Cydia on your device.
- Relaunch the app again after your device reboots and tap Jailbreak again. Your iOS device will now respring. After which, you will have Cydia present on the home screen of the iOS device. If you are unable to see Cydia on the home screen, please launch UnC0ver app again and keep on re-jailbreaking until you see Cydia.
Without Using Computer
- Please launch ‘jailbreaks.fun’ on Safari Browser. Alternatively, you can use Ignition as well as download the UnC0ver Jailbreak application from third-party app stores like Panda Helper.
- You require selecting ‘UnC0ver- new beta’ and tap on ‘Get.’
- This will install the jailbreak application on your compatible iPhone/iPad.
- Next, please trust the profile of the application and launch it. Tap on ‘Jailbreak’ and follow the usual procedure as described above.
- In this method, you do not require a computer or a Cydia Impactor.
Please note that after your device has been successfully jailbroken, you can remove rootlessJB and GeoFilza as you don’t require the same.
Final Words – UnC0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12.0-12.1.2
These were the methods through which you can jailbreak your iOS 12.0-12.1.2 device using the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak. If you face any kind of issues during the process, please let us know about the same in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Apple Released iOS 12.1.4 by Fixing FaceTime Bug (Download iOS 12.1.4).
- v3ntex | Tihmstar releases tfp0 exploit for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 Devices.