A few days back, Coolstar disclosed Electra1131 jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1. Now, Electra Team alongside Justin Williams and nitoTV have recently released the ElectraTV/backr00m semi-untethered jailkbreak device for Apple tvOS 11.2 and 11.3. Currently, Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4 set-top box are compatible with ElectraTV jailbreak. It is a great work done by Electra Team by releasing the Electra jailbreak for Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K that are running on tvOS 11.2 or 11.3. If your Apple TV 4th or 5th generation then, you can easily jailbreak your Apple TV using ElectraTV.
The Apple TV is an incredible expansion to any current TV setup. Getting engaging with an Apple TV, you can play video, music and motion pictures directly from your iOS device by using AirPlay. Moreover, one can easily browse apps and games that are accessible from the dedicated Apple TV’s App Store. If you are TV enthusiastic then, you will really like to jailbreak your Apple TV. Jailbreaking the Apple TV will add lots of functionality including installing a web browser, customization, media content, install the favorite app without revokes, and much more.
So, if you have Apple TV 4 and want to know about jailbreaking using Electra TV then, follow this post. Here, in this port, we will talk about how to jailbreak the tvOS 11.2 – 11.3 using ElectraTV tool. So, without wasting time, let’s get started.
Requirements to Jailbreak tvOS 11.2-11.3
- Make sure, there is no tvOS3.1 version is released by Apple. This version has mistakenly added this version in ElectraTv jailbreak.
- If you are Apple TV 4 is running on 11.4 or higher version then currently, it is not possible to jailbreak it using ElectraTV.
- Make sure your computer is running on Windows, macOS, or Linux in order to jailbreak your Apple TV.
- The computer must be connected to the high-speed internet.
- Cydia Impactor is necessary on the computer. You can download the Cydia Impactor as per your computer OS type by clicking here.
- Download the ElectraTV IPA file on your computer. This is the ElectraTV IPA file that can jailbreak your Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K if they are running on tvOS2 – 11.3 version.
How To Jailbreak tvOS 11.2 – 11.3 using ElectraTV [Steps]
Step 1: Initially, you have to connect your Apple TV to the computer using USB type C cable.
Step 2: Now, you have to install and launch the Cydia Impactor on your computer. One has to wait for a couple of seconds until Cydia Impactor recognizes the connected Apple TV.
Step 3: After that, one has to drag the downloaded ElectraTV IPA file onto the Cydia impactor window.
Step 4: Apple ID username prompt will appear, enter the iTunes login credential such as Email ID and password to authorize the installation process.
Step 5: Once the application is available on your Apple TV 4/4K, switch to your Apple TV.
Step 6: Now, you will find ElectraTV or backr00m app on your TV home screen depending on the type of firmware your TV has.
Step 7: Now, start the ElectraTV/backr00m app on your Apple TV and proceed the exploitation process.
Step 8: Once the above process completed, sit tight for a couple of seconds and let it do its thing. Once your device is in jailbreak mode, you can start customizing your Apple TV.
Conclusion: ElectraTV jailbreak released for tvOS 11.2-11.3
In this above guide, you have learned how to jailbreak tvOS 11.2 – 11.3 using ElectraTV. Jailbreaking the Apple TV brings lots of functionality that will enhance your entertainment experience like never before. Getting engaging with jailbroken Apple TV, you can install favorite apps without revokes. Moreover, you can also perform the customization in many different areas on Apple TV. Hopefully, by following the above guide, you can successfully jailbreak your Apple TV without any problem.
All may also like to check the following posts:
- Slick TV for iOS | Download Slick TV IPA on iPhone/iPad No Jailbreak.
- Best Free Apps to Watch Live TV on iOS(iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreak.