Though we have witnessed a plenitude of design changes on the iOS lock screen, they haven’t been as venturous as we would like to see. A majority of the users absolutely love to have the most apt information, especially in the mornings, readily available on the lock screen thereby saving themselves from the hassle of swiping here and there. If you are one of these users, then the Kalm jailbreak tweak, by iOS developer ubik, is just for you.
Check out NoYTNo Jailbreak Tweak and Say No to Annoying Try YTPremium & YT Music Notices.
The Kalm jailbreak tweak brings a host of information readily available on the lock screen including current weather conditions, calendar events, do not disturb moon icon, date and time display that can be customized, and more. Working on iOS 12 up to iOS 13.3.1, the jailbreak tweak sets up a dedicated preference panel in Settings for configurations.
- 1 Kalm Lock Screen for iOS – Features
- 1.1 How to add Kalm Jailbreak Tweak
- 1.2 [Update] – Kalm Version 2.0.1 Released [Now Customize Even More]
- 1.3 [Update] – Kalm v 2.0.5 Out – Available on Chariz Repo
- 1.4 FAQs – Kalm Tweak
- 126.96.36.199.1 Q – How to allow for custom weather locations via X/Y adjustments on lock screen?
- 188.8.131.52.2 Q – Custom position changing up and down consistently n new version. How to fix?
- 184.108.40.206.3 Q – Is it possible to have that 3rd view shown when there is no notifications and then have one of the other views when there are notifications?
- 220.127.116.11.4 Q – Kalm tweak freezing at midnight. How to fix?
- 18.104.22.168.5 Q – How many calendar events you can show on the tweak?
- 22.214.171.124.6 Q – Does Kalm tweak blurs the background?
- 1.4.1 Conclusion – Get the most informative lock screen on iPhone
Kalm Lock Screen for iOS – Features
Lately, the developer has launched version 1.3.0 of Kalm, an upgrade from the initial version 1.2.x. Following is the screenshot of the main configuration screen for Kalm and the different configuration options available under it.
- From the above screenshot, you can see that the preferences panel allows you to choose a Default or Compact view for the tweak.
- Toggle the Weather display on/off.
- Toggle Up Next calendar display on/off.
- Configure Weather display settings.
- Configure Up Next display settings.
- Configure Colors.
- Configure Font Weights for each element.
- Configure Time and Date formats.
Going further, following are the options available under each section on the Kalm jailbreak tweak along with their screenshots.
- Toggle Condition Icon
- Toggle Condition Icon Tint
- Toggle Location
- Toggle Condition
- Set Update Interval
- Change Style (Standard & Compact)
- Toggle Calendar Events
- Toggle Reminders
- Select Visible Calendars
- Toggle Started Events
- Toggle All Day Events
- Toggle Event Location
- Toggle Calendar Color Indicator
- Change Calendar Color Indicator Character
- Toggle Overdue Reminders
- Select Maximum Events shown
- Select Maximum Days Ahead of the Event
- Set update interval
- Set a schedule for the Up Next view to show – either by day or time
- Toggle Colors
- Toggle Coloring All Elements
- Toggle Custom Color
- Select Accent Color
- Change Accent Color Saturation
- Change Accent Color Brightness
- Change font weights of every element
Time and date formats
- Change Date Format
- Change Time Format
- Change Date/Time locale
- Change Alignment
- Toggle Lock Icon Alignment
- Change Position
- Change Notification Padding
- Enable the Do Not Disturb icon
Check out ColorMeCC – Brings Colors to your Control Center for Free.
How to add Kalm Jailbreak Tweak
- Launch Cydia app on your iOS device.
- Go to Sources > Edit > Add the Repo.
- Go to Search tab and search for Kalm.
- Hit the Install button.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Kalm jailbreak tweak on your iOS device.
[Update] – Kalm Version 2.0.1 Released [Now Customize Even More]
The developer released Kalm Version 2.0.1 and the same is available on Chariz repo as a free update or for $1.99 for first-time buyers. Following are the new features added by the developer ubik.
Select Different Appearances for Views
With Kalm tweak, you can now select different appearances for weather, main and up next views. This enables you to achieve more of your personal look on the lock-screen.
Color Elements as per your Desire
In the latest version of the Kalm tweak, you can select which elements you wish to be tinted.
Tons of Fonts
Now you can choose a different font for each element. Its all up to you what font you want.
Complete Change log
- New styles for the main appearance.
- New styles for the weather appearance.
- New styles for the Up next appearance.
- Element Tint section.
- Font choosing section is added.
[Update] – Kalm v 2.0.5 Out – Available on Chariz Repo
Kalm v 2.0.5 is available on Chariz Repo now. If you were facing some bugs in the previous 2.0.4 version; the same have been addressed in the version 2.0.5. Following are the new features in Kalm v 2.0.5.
- You can switch weather icon and label now.
- With Compact Appearance, you can switch weather and time view.
- With Compact Appearance, you can enable either condition or location.
- Now it is possible to hide the Up Next event time.
- In 12-hour mode events weren’t coming up in order in the previous versions. This issue has been fixed now.
- If you were using Kalm tweak on iPad then you must have faced resizing issues. The same have been fixed in this version.
- In previous versions, if you had Quart installed and you tried to change the wallpaper, sometimes it will result in Spring Board crash. This issue has been fixed now in the current version.
- If you were facing issues with Media Player hanging too low, the same has been fixed in Kalm v 2.0.5.
FAQs – Kalm Tweak
Q – How to allow for custom weather locations via X/Y adjustments on lock screen?
For this you have to use the default view and thereafter you can change the position.
Q – Custom position changing up and down consistently n new version. How to fix?
As of now, a respring will fix the issue temporarily. The developer is working on the same and soon an updated version with the bug fix will be released. Stay tuned with us as we will be the first to tell you about the latest updates on Kalm.
Q – Is it possible to have that 3rd view shown when there is no notifications and then have one of the other views when there are notifications?
If you use the third option with custom position and receive a notification Kalm will automatically move up to give the notification more space.
Q – Kalm tweak freezing at midnight. How to fix?
If you have FloatyTab installed, it could mess up with the functioning of Kalm tweak. So, remove FloatyTab and you problem of midnight freezing will get over.
Q – How many calendar events you can show on the tweak?
You can show infinite calendars with a maximum of 5 events each.
Q – Does Kalm tweak blurs the background?
No! Kalm tweak doesn’t blurs the background.
Conclusion – Get the most informative lock screen on iPhone
That was all regarding Kalm – hailed as the most informative lock screen on iOS. Let us know about your experience of using Kalm. If you face any issues or have any questions in mind, reach out to us via the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting jailbreak tweaks as well.
- HotspotQR – Tweak to Generate QR Code for iPhone’s Personal Hotspot.
- WindowHUD Tweak – Flip iPhone Screen Vertically as Windshield HUD (Head-Up).