Get Kodi on Roku Set Top Box: For those who don’t know about Roku; let me clear it out for you. Roku is a line of set-top boxes that allows us to stream video content and music on our Television. However, since Roku gets you everything in HD; it is best suited for 4K Televisions. Roku has more than 3500 channels hence offering unlimited entertainment to us.
Now we all know Kodi is an open-source digital media player that allows us to stream videos, music, and podcasts from all over the internet. It will be really cool if we are able to combine these two great assets. Surely it will give us unlimited power to access almost anything from the world of entertainment.
This is what I am going to tell you. Read ahead to get to know the steps to download and install Kodi on Roku Streaming Stick. Fix this error by referring this article “[How-To] Fix http://vshare.eu/pair Error on Kodi – vShare Pair Stream Authorization Error“.
Stream Kodi on Roku | Install Kodi on Roku Setup Box Using Android
Keep in mind, as of now, there is no official way to get Kodi on your Roku streaming stick. However; there definitely is a turn around through which you can stream Kodi on Roku. Playing movies, tv shows and music on TV is the perfect way to enjoy our free time that we can do it with “Roku Streaming Stick”.
Now, we have Roku 4, Roku 3, Roku 2 and other previous versions in the market and you can use this procedure for all these versions. Kodi on Roku is a simple and easy process and that too without jailbreak. Also, do check out our last article on “Best Way to Install VPN on Amazon FireStick or Fire TV | Kodi Updates“.
- First of all, you are required to be in possession of an Android smartphone or a Windows PC/Laptop to get the needful done.
- On your Roku device press, the Home button and thereafter navigate to the Settings menu option.
- Go to System update and do see that you must have the latest build for this process to work. (5.2 and above)
- If you don’t have then update Roku to the latest version.
- Once updated come back to the home screen and again navigate to the Settings menu option.
- Now choose the option of Screen Mirroring (Beta).
- To enable this option of screen mirroring and click on OK Button.
- Now from your Android device you are required to navigate to Settings -> Connections and from there you can choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- Once you search for devices in the screen mirroring option you will be able to find Roku.
- Add it to your list of devices and now whatever you stream on your Android phone; it will be mirrored to your Television including Kodi.
- Now different Android devices have different layouts so it might be possible that the screen mirroring option is in Display Settings or in Network settings for you.
Stream Kodi on Roku | Play Kodi on Roku with Windows PC/ Laptop
- Now if you have a Windows PC/ Laptop you still can stream Kodi on Roku device.
- First of all; for Roku; you need to follow the similar steps as described in the above process using Android phone.
- Thereafter from your Windows PC/Laptop, you need to go to the “Devices” option which you can easily find from the right-hand side desktop menu that pops up when you hover the mouse there.
- Next, choose the option of Project and thereafter choose “Connect To A Wireless Display.”
- In Windows 10 you will directly find the ‘Project’ option in the notifications area.
- After you click the ‘Project’ option you need to select “Connect To A Wireless Display.”
- Now your Windows PC/Laptop will search for a Wireless Display and Roku will be displayed in the search results. Easily you can add it now to your list of wireless display devices and stream your Windows PC/Laptop content on Television through it.
- So now you can install Kodi on Windows PC/Laptop and stream Kodi content on Roku.
So, folks, that’s it. As you can see there is no official way to Install Kodi on Roku. However, through screen mirroring you can easily stream Kodi content to your Roku device without actually having to install Kodi on it.
Check out these posts:
If you still face any trouble to mirror Kodi content on Roku then don’t worry. Just drop a comment and we will help you out in fixing your issue.