A few days back, developer Jack James released RootlessJB 3.1 for iOS 12.0-12.1.2. Since the RootlessJB does not come with a Cydia like package manager, but supports Tweak Injection, users had to follow a long tiresome process to install Cydia tweaks on iOS 12.0-12.1.2 through RootlessJB. However, thanks to iOS developer @ConorTheDev, we have now ‘Packager,’ which is a package manager for RootlessJB. With ‘Packager’ in picture, you do not have to follow the entire manual process for installation of tweaks as the same can be done in less than a minute now.
Please note that as of now, Packager can only install patched tweaks. The developer will soon add supports for the un-patched tweaks as well. You require the direct download link of the patched tweak in ZIP format in order to install the same on your iPhone/iPad. Packager also lacks a repository or source system as present in Cydia & Sileo. In this post, we are going to share with you the steps to install Packager 0.1 for RootlessJB on iOS 12. However, before that make sure you check out the compatibility and the requirements for Packager.
Packager – The Package Manager for iOS 12 | Compatibility & Requirements
Packager is compatible with iPhone/iPad running on iOS 12.0-12.1.1. However, these devices must be running on A9, A10, and A11 processors. As of now, it is not compatible with A12 iOS devices like iPhone XS/XS Max and iPhone XR. Following are certain requirements for installing Packager on your compatible iPhone/iPad.
- PC/Laptop running on Windows/MAC or Linux.
- iPhone/iPad jailbroken with RootlessJB. If you do not know how to jailbreak with RootlessJB, please check out our post on the same.
- A good internet connection.
Steps to Install Packager – Package Manager on iOS 12 (iPhone/iPad)
- As a first, please download Packager 0.1 IPA file from here.
- You require sideloading the IPA file onto the compatible iPhone/iPad with the aid and assistance of Cydia Impactor. If you do not know the sideloading process, you can check out our post on the same from here.
- Once the sideloading process is over, please do not forget to trust the profile of the application prior to launching the same.
How to use Packager to Install Cydia Tweaks on iOS 12 with RootlessJB
- Please launch the application and tap on ‘Proceed’ button present on the home screen of the application.
- The next screen will show you all the compatible tweaks with RootlessJB. Please tap on ‘Install Patched Tweak’ option present at the bottom of the screen.
- In the next screen, you require entering the URL of the patched tweak. Make sure that the file format is ZIP.
- Thereafter, simply click on ‘Download and Install’ and wait for the tweak to finish installing.
- Once the installation is over, you will get the confirmation message on the screen.
- Please re-spring the device in order to apply all the changes.
- If you find out that the tweak is not working, reboot your device.
Final Words – Packager 0.1 for RootlessJB on iOS 12
This was all regarding Packager 0.1 for RootlessJB on iOS 12. As of now it is in early stages, however, the tweak installation process has become much simpler with the introduction of this package manager application for iOS 12. We can expect further development happening on the the application in the future. Stay tuned with us for more updates.
Please check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Remount iOS 12 To Be Released Soon | iOS 12-12.1.2 Jailbreak with Cydia.
- GeoFilza | Filza File Manager for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 No Jailbreak.