With the changing technologies, the concept of playing games also has been changed to some extent. Now, most of us enjoy spending hours playing games on PlayStation. And what can else be better than enjoying these wonderful games on your iOS devices as well? With the release of excellent PlayStation app in the market, the entire concept of playing games has changed to a large extent. Where it provides you a very user-friendly interface on the other side, it also enables you to redeem codes and keep you informed about the latest activities of your friends in the PlayStation community.
If you are having the query of how to download and play PlayStation games on your iOS device; just get relaxed and follow the procedure provided below in order to get it without jailbreak your device. Don’t waste your time and just dive in and see what all you needed to do for installing this fantastic app on your device along with the features. One of best emulator in the market is listed in our site, do check it once: GBA4iOS Emulator for iOS.
- 1 Why do users like to play PlayStation Games?
- 2 Get PlayStation Games on iOS 11.3, 11.3.1, iOS 11.4/iOS 12, and iOS 13 [Prerequisites]
- 3 Method 1 – Install PlayStation Games on iOS using iEmulator
- 4 Method 2 – Install PlayStation Games on iOS Using Ignition
Why do users like to play PlayStation Games?
Playing games on PlayStation is one of the first choices of most of the game lovers. And when it comes to the playing games of PlayStation on iOS devices it adds more to the features.
- PlayStation app enables you to enjoy the fun of playing games on a wonderfully intuitive interface along with providing you best key features so that to make it easier to switch between them.
- It also enables you to redeem codes and to manage downloads remotely.
- It enables you to keep you informed about the latest activities of your friends in the PlayStation community with the help of related messages on “What’s new.”
- You can now easily view and compare your various trophies related to PlayStation network.
- You can also get the full information about the upcoming events of the PlayStation with the help of this wonderful
- You can now remain in touch with your friends with the help of this app and can easily view that who is online and what game are they recently playing on.
- It also enables you to send text as well as voice messages to your friends or friend groups at any time.
- This app also enables you to enjoy the fun of getting an enhanced conversation with a large number of like-minded players in the PlayStation community
- It also provides you the facility of getting extra content such as maps radars and much more in the compatible games.
Get PlayStation Games on iOS 11.3, 11.3.1, iOS 11.4/iOS 12, and iOS 13 [Prerequisites]
- iOS emulator [We have used provenance emulator].
- iOS 11 and above handset.
Do check out this list: Best Live TV Apps on iOS(2018 Updated List Unlimited Shows).
Method 1 – Install PlayStation Games on iOS using iEmulator
- If you are looking forward to getting this app access without jailbreaking your device; the first thing you need to get installed on your device is an emulator.
- Launch the Safari web browser on your iOS Device and paste http://iemulators.com/provenance this URL in the address bar and wait for a second to load this page.
- Select the latest version of the app to install it on your device.
- Once it is completed, you need to trust this app because it is a third party application. Tap on Settings -> General and then Profiles & Device management
- Click on “Trust” to verify the developer associated with Provenance. Now the emulator is ready to launch.
- Once done with the process; now head towards the App Store and search for the option of Documents app in the search bar.
- Once done with the process; the next thing you need to have is BIOS. Many sources like psxdev.net, provide BIOS. You can download this file from that sources. While the BIOS is being downloaded on your iPhone, tap on every file and hit on “More” option. Next, you need to open them in Documents app.
- Now it is time to rename the BIOS files. You can find three dot option beside every BIOS file. Click on that option and hit on “Rename.” Make sure you do not use capital letters for renaming the BIOS files.
- Now, go to the home screen of your iOS Device and launch the Provenance app. Shut down the emulator immediately after starting. Now, open the Documents app and keep the Provenance app running in the background.
- Now, hit on the three dots option next to BIOS files and click on the Share option. You can use different sharing options on the next window along with Provenance. Select Provenance from the list.
- Next tap on the Settings on Provenance, then select Refresh Game Library.
- Now the emulator is ready to run of PlayStation games. You need to have some ROM files of the games and import them in the emulator. Though ROM files come in a compressed way, so you need to download them on your computer. Go to the Settings option of the Provenance on your device and knock the Import/Export ROMs and Saves. Then you get a web server address with “HTTP.” It will make a connection between the Provenance app and your computer.
- Enter the address in the web browser and click on the “Create Folder“ to create a new folder. Open that new folder and hit the “upload files“ to import ROM files.
- After importing all files, go the Provenance app on your iOS Device and stop the web server. Again hit on Settings and tap refresh Game Library. Close the settings and visit the home screen of Provenance to get all games which you have imported.
Method 2 – Install PlayStation Games on iOS Using Ignition
Step 1 – Install Provenance from Ignition
- As a first, you require installing Provenance on your iPhone/iPad. For that you will be needing the Ignition third-party App Store up and running on your iOS device. Please click here to download and install Ignition on your iOS device.
- Launch Ignition and search for ‘Provenance.’
- Hit the search result and then tap on the ‘Get’ button to commence the download and installation of Provenance.
- Hit ‘Install’ on the dialog box that pops up stating that Ignition wants to install Provenance.
- Now, it will install like a normal iOS app and you can monitor the installation progress from the home screen.
- After successful installation, please trust the profile of Provenance prior to launching the same.
Step 2 – Download the Play Station BIOS Files
iOS 13 Users
- You can download the PlayStation BIOS ZIP File from various sources like psxdev.net. On iOS 13, you can use the Files App to extract contents from the ZIP file. This will create a folder names as BIOS.
- Simply, tap and hold on the BIOS folder and using the ‘Move’ option select ‘On My iPhone -> Provenance’ folder. Thereafter hit ‘Copy’ to add BIOS files to Provenance.
iOS 12 and Below
- On iOS 12 and below, you require downloading and installing ‘ZIP and RAR File Extractor‘ application from iOS App Store.
- Thereafter, when you will download the BIOS ZIP file, please launch the same in the application and extract the contents.
- Now, using the Files app, you can locate the extracted BIOS Folder in ‘On my iPhone -> ZIP Extractor.;
- Move it to the Provenance folder.
Step 3 – Installing PlayStation Games
- You can download the PlayStation game ROMs from the internet. These ROMs will have .cue and .bin/iso/img files.
- If the ROM file is in ZIP format, you can extract the content in the Files app (iOS 13+). If the ROM file is in RAR format, you gonna require the ZIP and RAR Extractor tool again.
- After extracting, move the extracted contents to the ‘On My iPhone -> Provenance -> Imports’ folder.
- Launch the Provenance application and a pop-up will come up stating that there is a conflict.
- Simply tap on ‘Let’s go and fix it’ -> choose the game -> hit ‘PlayStation.’
- Hit the ‘Done’ button and the game that you downloaded will come up in the main menu.
Access PlayStation Games on iOS Without Jailbreak
The world of the PlayStation has now become a just a touch away with the involvement of the app of PlayStation on iOS devices. Just keep in touch with your friends with this wonderful app and enjoy the fun of making an enhanced difference of your won trophies with them. You will surely love to enjoy PlayStation games on your iOS device once have been successfully installed.