Long back, in 2016, a mini-player widget dubbed as Playtopia was released. The player had the ability to float over the top of any interface while shrinking down to a compact size. Thus, with music playing on Playtopia, when you used to switch to another app, you could still control music playback on your jailbroken iPhone with the floating widget. Today, in this post, the iOS developers Ginsu and Aviorrok, bring to you the successor of the original Playtopia dubbed as Playtopia 2.
Check out NanoFi Tweak – Makes Data Transfer Between iPhone & Apple Watch Faster.
Similar to the original Playtopia, Playtopia 2 is a free-floating music widget accessible from anywhere. However, now it brings to the table, modern aesthetics along with new features. Let us check out more about the amazing Playtopia 2 in this post.
- 1 Playtopia 2 – A Free-Floating Music Widget | What’s New?
Playtopia 2 – A Free-Floating Music Widget | What’s New?
The Now Playing details (album artwork, song, and artist name) are present on the tweak itself along with a music progress bar and a volume bar. Moreover, now you don’t have to visit the Music app to search and play songs from your library as you can do that directly from the floating widget itself.
The tweak comes with a dedicated preferences pane under Settings with a host of configuration options as shown in the screenshot below.
As you can see from the screenshot above, following are the different configuration options:
- Enable/Disable tweak on demand.
- Enable/Disable blur effect on demand.
- Toggling vibrancy effect on demand.
- Apply a drop shadow effect.
- Select a theme.
- Dark/light themes
- Different media button themes
- Pause playback when the widget is moved to the edge of your iOS device’s display.
- Resume playback when the widget is moved away from the edge of your iOS device’s display.
- Hide/Show the widget on lock screen.
- Hide Playtopia in selected apps using the Blacklist option.
Along with the above, the tweak supports different gestures which are highlighted below.
- Double tap for switching between mini and tiny player.
- Long hold for switching between dark and light mode.
- Tapping on the music progress bar will bring forth the volume control.
Check out FolderPlus tweak – Control iPhone’s Folders [Customize].
Playtopia 2 Tweak on jailbroken iPhone | Tweak Info
|Current Release||Version 1.0|
|Last Updated||August 13, 2021|
|Compatibility||iOS 14.0 – iOS 14.7|
Install Playtopia 2 Tweak on iOS 14
If you are interested in trying this amazing tweak, you can download it from the Chariz Repo for $2.99 using the package manager app of your choice. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS devices running on iOS 14.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Does Playtopia 2 tweak supports iOS 13?
Apart from iOS 14, the tweak works pretty well on iOS 13 as well.
Does Playtopia 2 tweak works on iPad?
The tweak works on iPhone, iPad, and even iPod Touch.
Final Words – Playtopia 2 Floating Compact Music Widget for iOS 14
That was all regarding the wonderful Playtopia 2 tweak from our side. Try the amazing music widget featuring a beautiful design and a ton of customization options. Feel free to put down any questions or queries that you might be having in the comments provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- 5 Ways to Download YouTube++ on iOS(iPhone & iPad) – FREE.
- Gemini Tweak – Best App Switcher with Control Center [iOS].