For those who wish to run Minecraft: Java Edition on their jailbroken iPhone, they will need the services of PojavLauncher. PojavLauncher iOS is based on PojavLauncher for Android which in turn is based on Boardwalk. Using this, you can run Minecraft: Java Edition on your jailbroken iOS device running on iOS 12 or newer.
Check out CarPlayEnable – Let’s you Play Video & Audio on Apple CarPlay.
Licensed under GNU GPLv3, PojavLauncher for iOS is like a dream come true for jailbroken iPhone users as they can enjoy playing Minecraft on their device now. This will work on iOS 14 as well as soon as a proper jailbreak utility for the same is out. Pretty soon we will have Odyssey and Chimera jailbreak available for iOS 14. Continue reading ahead to know how to use the iOS version of PojavLauncher.
- 1 PojavLauncher_iOS – Minecraft on iOS 12 | Requirements
- 1.1 Minecraft: Java Edition on iOS 12 Jailbroken iPhone | Features
- 1.2 Install Minecraft: Java Edition on iOS 12 via PojavLauncher
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
PojavLauncher_iOS – Minecraft on iOS 12 | Requirements
There are a series of steps that you require following to get Minecraft: Java Edition up and running on your iOS 12 or newer jailbroken iOS device. Prior to initiating the same, please go through the following pre-requisites.
- MAC OS X
- X Code
- JDK 8 Must be Installed
- gradle for building the Java part.
- cmake, wget, ldid, dpkg, and fakeroot for packaging.
Please note that these are simply building requirements for the PojavLauncher for iOS. If you are not an advanced user, you can simply utilize the prebuilt package of PojavLauncher for iOS from here. Get the Java Runtime environment (Open-JDK v 16) from here.
Check out Kalm Tweak – Beautiful Lock Screen iOS (Scheduling, Scaling, DND & More).
Minecraft: Java Edition on iOS 12 Jailbroken iPhone | Features
- You can login with Mojang, Microsoft, or offline.
- Minecraft versions 1.14 and above are playable.
- Joining servers as well as multiplayer facility exists.
- Audio will work provided you enable the ringer of your iPhone.
- Fabric and OptiFine are working.
- A majority of the gestures are like Bedrock viz click to hotbar item, click to place block, and hold & move for destroying blocks.
- On-screen control buttons are present.
- Hold Screen on the user interface works for holding the left mouse and hence can be utilized for the scroll bar as well.
Get YouTube Reborn Tweak for iOS [ Complete Guide].
Install Minecraft: Java Edition on iOS 12 via PojavLauncher
- As mentioned above, you can simply download the deb files for the stable release of PojavLauncher for iOS and the Open JDK 16 from the links provided above.
- Post completion of the download, please install both the deb files on your iOS device.
- Next, you simply require running the uicache command.
- That’s it! You can start playing now.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Logging in with Mojang crashes each time. How to fix?
This is a known issue and the developer is working on fixing the same.
Nothing is visible after uicache. How to fix?
Please note that you require opening the shortcuts app and manually open the launcher from there.
The game playback screen is not visible. How to fix?
Please note that this issue will occur if you are trying to play Minecraft version below 1.14. Try running Minecraft 1.14+ and you won't see the issue cropping up.
Verdict – Play Minecraft on Jailbroken iPhone
This is how you can utilize PojavLauncher for iOS to play Minecraft: Java Edition on your jailbroken iPhone running on iOS 12 or newer. If you face any kind of issues, check out the GitHub page of the developer for more details.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Enlighten Tweak – Night Mode Camera for iOS (BEST).
- Emerald Tweak – Brings Tiny Widgets to Status Bar (iPhone).