Reinstall Cydia on Electra Jailbreak for iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1 and iOS 11+: If you are using Electra Jailbreak for your iOS 11/11+ device then you are already aware of the whole lots of problems coming with Cydia which is bundled along with Electra Jailbreak. If you have heard views of Saurik, developer of Cydia, then he has categorically declared that he is not working, as of now, with Cool Star for patching up Cydia for iOS 11.1.2, 11.1 and 11+ firmware.
But you can still reinstall Cydia on Electra Jailbreak using an unofficial method highlighted below in this post. Cydia is necessary and holds utmost importance on a jailbroken iOS device as tweaked applications won’t work properly without Cydia plus there is not way to install a tweaked application, without Cydia, in case somebody deletes it or it gets deleted by accident.
Disclaimer: Again, just like I say in other related posts, I will reiterate that please try the following method only if you are familiar with iOS operating system from head to toe as the method requires changes in the internal file structure as well as deletion of some files. However, if you don’t care about the consequences, then you can go ahead.
Reinstall Cydia Electra Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 & iOS 11.1
- First and foremost, you are required to delete any kind of tweaks or tweaked applications which you might have installed onto your iOS device. Plus, you need to make sure that your iOS device is in jailbroken state else the provided unofficial method to reinstall Cydia won’t work.
- Now please download the shell script named as delectra, which has been developed by Kirov Air from here.
- The above provided link will download a ZIP file to your system. On opening the ZIP file you will find a shell script named as unjailbreak.sh. Please extract the shell script and transfer the same to your Windows PC/ Laptop. However, if you don’t have a PC available, you can download Zip App which is a free app available on the official App Store.
Update for SnapChat Users:
Transfer Of The Uninstall Script
- Now, using WinSCP please establish a SFTP session as shown in the following screenshot. Please note the password is ‘alpine’ without quotes. If Port 22 doesn’t work then try with 2222. However, if you don’t have a PC available, you can use Filza Escaped File Manager.
- Using WinSCP please transfer the unjailbreak.sh file to the root(/) folder of your device. If you are using Filza Escaped File Manager then simple search for the script in it and upon selecting the shell script please tap on Copy present at the bottom of the screen.
Execution of the Uninstall Shell Script
- Please login to a SSH session from your device using iTerminal application which is readily available on the Official App Store for download.
- On the ‘Connect’ screen please enter the following details and thereafter tap on the ‘Connect’ button:
- IP Address: Wi-Fi IP Address of yours.
- Port: 22 or 2222.
- Username: root
- Password: alpine
- Once, you are connected to the SSH terminal please run the script using the following command:
- Cool! Once this is done please re-jailbreak your iOS device using the latest version of Electra tool kit. Please get the same from this link.
Cydia Reinstall on iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1 and iOS 12 Electra Jailbreak
So that’s it folks! This way Cydia will get reinstalled on your jailbroken iOS 11/11+ device. Please do ask us your questions or queries by dropping the same in comment below. Also, if you get stuck up somewhere while following the above-mentioned method then let us know in comments section below. Always happy to help you.
You may like the following posts:
- Fix Stuck On “Please Wait (2/3)” Error in Electra iOS Jailbreak.
- [*Fixed] “Sub-process returned an error code (100) in Electra iOS 11.1.2/11.2 Jailbreak.