Jailbreak unleashes the maximum potential of your iOS device. Till UnC0ver the jailbreak wasn’t that much stable for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2. However, things have changed with the release of Chimera Jailbreak, which is developed particularly for A12/A12X iPhone/iPad running on iOS 12-iOS 12.1.2. Chimera provides an impressive and stable jailbreak with better battery management. But, there are times when you might require removing or uninstalling Chimera from your A12 iPhone/iPad. In this post, we are going to cover the steps for the same. Continue reading to know how to UnJailbreak iOS 12- iOS 12.1.2 and remove/uninstall Chimera from your A12 device.
UnJailbreak iOS 12-iOS 12.1.2 [Remove /Uninstall Chimera from A12/A12X iPhone/iPad]
Make sure you follow the below steps carefully in order to avoid any complications later.
- Before beginning out with the steps, we recommend creating an iTunes backup of your data as you will be requiring the same later.
- As a first, please disable Auto-Lock. For this navigate to Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Auto-Lock. Please set this to ‘Never.’ Moreover, ensure that your iPhone/iPad is charged and is not in Low Power Mode. This is because when your iOS device is in Low Power Mode, it will automatically lock your device every 30 seconds.
- Please ensure that you have the latest version of Chimera installed on your iOS device. You can check out the same from the downloads section of the official Chimera Jailbreak webpage.
- For A12 iPhone/iPad, reboot your device. After the reboot, open the Chimera Jailbreak application. Scroll down and tap on ‘Restore Root FS.’
- Next, please tap on ReJailbreak / Jailbreak / Restore FileSystem or whatever option is coming up.
- A prompt will come up on your iOS device’s display screen asking your confirmation for the process. Tap on ‘OK’ to allow the process to continue. It may take 15-20 minutes of time, so be patient. After the process is complete, you will be left with jailbreak application icons.
- Simply, delete the Chimera Jailbreak application from your A12/A12X iPhone/iPad if you don’t wish to use it again.
- However, if you have installed Cydia with Chimera Jailbreak the only way to remove the icon of Cydia is to perform a full Settings erase. This will, indeed, wipe your personal data and you will require the iTunes backup that you created in the first step to restore your data.
- Perform the Reset by navigating to General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings. After the Reset is done, you can restore the backup from iTunes. Make sure you do not perform an actual ‘Restore’ but restore from the backup.
UnJailbreak your A12/A12X iPhone/iPad [ Remove /Uninstall Chimera]
These were the steps to unjailbreak your A12/A12X iPhone/iPad that is jailbroken using Chimera. If you have any doubts or questions in mind, please feel free to drop the same in the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- [Released] Quick Shortcut to Install Latest Chimera through ReProvision.
- Download Instagram++ on iPhone/iPad (2 Ways).