A lot of complaints are coming regarding UnC0ver Jailbreak. People who have switched from Electra Jailbreak to UnC0ver Jailbreak are reporting a lot of issues including broken Cydia, broken tweaks and various other random errors. A plenitude of posts exists for each and every error which the users are facing. However, the solution to one issue gives rise to another. Consequently, UnC0ver Jailbreak users are facing a tough time in jailbreaking their iOS device and a majority of them are regretting leaving Electra behind.
Do you wish to switch to UnC0ver Jailbreak but Rollectra is not running properly on your below iOS 11.3 iPhone? Try R3c0ver Jailbreak Remover Tool for the job.
However, there is nothing to worry about as a single fix is required to solve all the issues pertaining to UnC0ver Jailbreak. All you need to do is to perform a RootFS restore on your iOS 11-11.4 Beta 3 device. RootFS restore basically performs a Rollectra operation. However, it doesn’t erase user data and only cleans up the file system. So, before you perform a jailbreak using UnC0ver, it is essential that you follow the steps mentioned in this guide to perform a RootFS restore and then proceed towards jailbreaking your iOS device using UnC0ver.
Steps to Use RootFS Restore Before UnC0ver Jailbreak
Please follow the below-provided steps carefully in order to avoid making any errors or bringing up further complications. Also, after performing these steps, if you are still facing any problem with UnC0ver Jailbreak then, decidedly, it is a problem with jailbreak itself and you can report the same to the developer along with its details and the device on which you are running jailbreak. Let us get started with the steps now.
- First of all, you require making sure that you are running the latest UnC0ver 1.0 Jailbreak on your device.
- Launch the jailbreak tool and in ‘Settings’ toggle RootFS Restore to ON.
- Cool! Now, wait for a message to appear stating that your device will be restarted. If you are not able to get that message then it means that some error has crept in and you require trying again. However, if you see the error again, please post about the same to the developer.
- Once you see the message that states that your device will be restarted, Tap on ‘OK’ and wait for your device to restart.
- Post restart when your device has reached the home screen, please launch UnC0ver Jailbreak again and disable the option of RootFS Restore.
- Great! Go ahead and tap on ‘Jailbreak’ now.
All the errors, bugs and issues which you were facing earlier with the jailbreak won’t haunt you now.
Do a RootFS Restore Before Jailbreaking UnC0ver Jailbreak
So, these were the steps to properly do a RootFS Restore on iOS 11.0-11.4 Beta 3. You will notice that the issues which you were facing earlier have vanished in thin air and things are working smoothly just like the way they were on Electra Jailbreak. Let us know in comments section if these steps solved your jailbreak related problems or not.
Check the following posts as well:
- Downgrade from iOS 12.0.1 to iOS 12 No Longer Possible.
- Ian Beer Released Kernel Info & UaF bugs for iOS 11.4-11.4.1 (Jailbreak).