Developed under the banner of Coolstar and Odyssey’s jailbreak team, Taurine Jailbreak allows you to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad running on iOS 14.0 to iOS 14.3. The backbone of the Taurine Jailbreak is the cicuta_virosa kernel exploit, made public by ModernPwner. Hailed as a perfect substitute for UnC0ver and Checkra1n jailbreak, Taurine comes with a plenitude of fantastic features. Let us check out how you can jailbreak your compatible iPhone/iPad with Taurine.
Check out Substitute Updated to 2.0.8 & Unc0ver iOS 14 Support Added.
There are several reasons that sets Taurine jailbreak as superior among other jailbreak utilities. Coolstar hints that it might make the project open-source in near future and this further adds to the popularity of the new jailbreak tool.
- 1 What are the devices supported by Taurine?
- 1.1 [How-To] Jailbreak Compatible iPhone/iPad with Taurine [STEPS]
- 1.2 What are the different versions of Taurine Jailbreak?
- 1.3 [Update] Automatically Resolve Common Freezing Issues – Taurine 1.0.5
- 1.4 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 1.5 Final Words – Taurine Jailbreak for iOS 14 – iOS 14.3
What are the devices supported by Taurine?
Before we go further, following is the list of iOS devices and the iOS versions currently supported by the jailbreak. Make sure your iOS device and the iOS version falls under the following list.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone XS/Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6/6S
- iPhone 6/6S Plus
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st-Generation
- iPad Air 2nd-generation
- iPad 5th-generation
- iPad Air (2020)
[How-To] Jailbreak Compatible iPhone/iPad with Taurine [STEPS]
- As a first, you need to have AltStore present on your compatible iPhone/iPad. Refer our Post 1 and Post 2 to check out the steps to install, set up, and use AltStore.
- Next, you require the IPA file for the Taurine Jailbreak. You can download the same from here.
- Please use AltStore for signing in the IPA file. It won’t take more than a few seconds for the process to finish.
- Once the process is complete, you will see Taurine as a sideloaded application on the home screen of the AltStore app.
- Launch the jailbreak app and make sure the option Enable Tweaks is enabled and the option Restore Root FS is disabled. Tap on the Jailbreak button to initiate the process.
- The process will begin with the message Running Exploit 1/3.
- After this process is complete, your device will reboot.
- That’s it! Your device is successfully jailbroken and post reboot you will see Sileo package manager added to the home screen.
Please note that Taurine is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This means if you restart your device, it will lose the jailbreak status. However, since AltStore will keep Taurine signed in; you won’t have any issues re-jailbreaking your iOS device. All you need to do after a restart is Launch Taurine App from AltStore -> Hit Jailbreak -> Wait for the process to get over.
Check out how to download AppSync Unified for iOS 14+.
What are the different versions of Taurine Jailbreak?
Coolstar was pretty fast to respond to the bugs present in the jailbreak tool. As of now, the latest available version of Taurine is 1.0.4. Following is the timeline for your reference.
- Improved Battery Life
- Improved Success Rate and Less Hanging Issues for user space reboot.
- Car Play crashing on Ford vehicles fixed.
- Shell Failing issue fixed.
- Kernel panics on abnormal shell commands fixed.
- Bootstrap updated.
- Increased jetsam limits.
- Battery drain issue in prior versions fixed.
- Novel user space reboot screen.
- Sandbox issues for some processes fixed.
- User space reboot screen issues fixed.
[Update] Automatically Resolve Common Freezing Issues – Taurine 1.0.5
Often while using jailbreak utilities, users run into freezing issues presented via a blue screen. Users, often left to deal with the issues on their own, tend to get frustrated. This is duly acknowledged by the latest update to the Taurine and the Odyssey jailbreak. The Taurine Jailbreak V 1.0.5 and the Odyssey Jailbreak V 1.3.4 will lend users a hand by detecting and automatically handling common issues for the freezes. In case, the jailbreak utility is unable to deal with the issue on its own, the blue screen will show the reason for the issue as well as the likely steps that the users can take to resolve the same.
While some users are concerned that the blue screen is similar to the Windows interface, a majority of the users have welcomed the new update for Taurine jailbreak. Also, the developer confirms that this new update will resolve a majority of the Watch Dog Panic issues as well.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How Taurine experience is better than other relative utilities?
Taurine comes with libhooker instead of Substitute which is a faster and a modern approach. Moreover, Taurine provides desktop level functionality for robust packages with the assistance of Procursus Bootstrap.
Why to switch to Taurine?
First of all the presence of libhooker and Procursus Bootstrap makes Taurine faster and a modern alternative to all previous jailbreak utilities. Secondly, apart from UnC0ver, it is Taurine that supports iOS 14.0 to iOS 14.3 versions on iPhone and iPad.
Is Taurine semi-untethered jailbreak?
Yes! Your device will lose the jailbreak status after a reboot.
Final Words – Taurine Jailbreak for iOS 14 – iOS 14.3
That was all regarding the fantastic Taurine Jailbreak for iPhone/iPad running on iOS 14.0 to iOS 14.3. For any kind of questions or issues that you might face while jailbreaking your compatible iOS device, please reach out to us with your queries via the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- PojavLauncher – Minecraft: Java Edition for iOS.
- CarPlayEnable – Let’s you Play Video & Audio on Apple CarPlay.