The immense popularity enjoyed by BlueStacks is the primary reason behind it becoming synonymous with the term ‘Android Emulator’. BlueStacks is unarguably the first choice for anybody who is looking to install an Android Emulator on their PC. However, there could be certain functionalities of BlueStacks, which a user might not be familiar with. One such functionality can be how to transfer files from BlueStacks to Windows PC or vice versa. In this guide, we are here to assist you with exactly that.
Check how to Access Local Files from BlueStacks on Windows.
Using the method elaborated in this post, you will be able to transfer files from your Windows PC/Laptop to BlueStacks and vice versa. Moreover, you can use BlueStacks to transfer/copy any data that you may have received through apps like Viber, Kik, BBM, WhatsApp, and Instagram to your PC.
- 1 Transfer files from PC to BlueStacks or vice-versa
Transfer files from PC to BlueStacks or vice-versa
Below are various methods through which you can achieve the needful.
Method 1 > Import/Export Files Feature
- Launch BlueStacks and navigate to System App > Media Manager.
- Tap on “Media Manger” to open it up.
- If you are using BlueStacks 4 or above, you can directly access Media Manager from the More Apps section present in the toolbar at the bottom.
- Upon launching the Media Manager, the following screen will come up in front of you.
- Gallery is similar to the Android gallery that you have in your mobile device hosting all the media files. From here you can choose a file that you wish to export to your Windows PC. Check out the screenshot below for more clarity.
- The Imported Files section contain all the files that you have copied from PC to BlueStacks.
[How-To] Import/Export Files
Import From Windows:
- Tap on the Import from Windows option as shown in the screenshot below.
- A Browse Window will open up. Simply navigate to the folder and select the files that you wish to import to BlueStacks. Tap on Open.
- All these selected files, thereafter, you can view in BlueStacks under Imported Files section.
Export to Windows:
- Using this feature, you can copy the files that you have downloaded in BlueStacks to Windows.
- Simply, long press the file that you wish to export and tap on Export to Windows option as shown in the following screenshot.
- A window will open up from where you need to select the Save Location of the file on your Windows PC.
- Tap on Save.
- The file will be successfully saved locally on your Windows PC/Laptop.
Must Check out “Project Sandcastle” – Bring Android to the iPhone .
Method 2: Transfer/Copy Data Received from Apps
In the example below, we are utilizing WhatsApp; however, the same set of steps can be used for other apps as well like BBM, Instagram, Viber, Kik, and more.
- As a first, please make sure that you have ES File Explorer app installed on your BlueStacks.
- Please launch ES File Explorer app.
- Tap on Internal Storage.
- Here you will notice a WhatsApp Folder. Please tap on it.
- Tap on Media folder.
- Click on the folder from where you wish to copy the files to your Windows PC. We are choosing WhatsApp Images here.
- You will see all the images that you have received through WhatsApp in this folder.
- Select the images that you wish to transfer to your PC.
- Post selection, long press and choose option Copy To.
- Select Windows > BstSharedFolder to copy the files and tap on OK to confirm.
- As you already know BstSharedFolder is mapped to Windows. Any file that you copy in this folder in BlueStacks can be accessed in your Windows PC at the following location.
- Simply go to the above location to access the WhatsApp Images that you just have copied in BlueStacks.
- From here, you can save these images to a different folder on your Windows PC/Laptop.
That’s it! You have successfully transferred WhatsApp data from BlueStacks to Windows PC/Laptop. Same way you can work with other social media apps as well.
Check out how to Jailbreak Your iPhone [Checkra1n] with Android Phone.
Whenever you install BlueStacks on your Windows PC, as told in Method 2, it creates a shared folder on your PC/Laptop. The files stored in the Shared Folder are accessible in both BlueStacks and PC. So, you can easily transfer them from BlueStacks to PC and vice versa.
- Provided C: drive is where Windows are installed, following will be the location of the Shared Folder.
- Please note that if you are not seeing the folder ProgramData in C: drive, it means it’s hidden. Tap on View tab and check mark the box against Hidden Items to see the folder.
- Paste any image, document, or other media file that you wish to access in BlueStacks in this SharedFolder.
- Launch BlueStacks and tap on More Apps > Media Manager from the toolbar below.
- In Media Manager, please tap on Explore.
- There it is! You will have a folder titled as BstSharedFolder right in front of you.
- Open it and you will see the files that you have pasted in the SharedFolder present on your Windows PC.
- All these files are accessible now in BlueStacks.
- Same way, if you wish to transfer some files from BlueStacks to Windows PC/Laptop, you can put them in the BstSharedFolder and then access them from the SharedFolder present in your laptop. Click here for detailed information on the same.
Check out 5 Working Ways to use iMessage on Windows PC.
Final Words – Transfer Files Between BlueStacks and PC
These were the three methods through which you can transfer files from BlueStacks to Windows PC and vice versa. You can follow any method of your choice for the needful. If you have any other method for transferring files between BlueStacks and PC that is not described in this post, please make sure you let our readers know about the same by mentioning it in the comments section provided below. We will love to hear back from you.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Fix PUBG Mobile “Mic Not Working” on Android/iOS.
- Kodi Chromecast | 3 Ways to Stream Kodi to Chromecast from Android/PC.