Developer Pwn20wnd has announced the release of UnC0ver Jailbreak Version 2.0.0 Public Beta. This release comes immediately after the release of version 1.1.4 three weeks before. According to Pwn20wnd immediately after the release of the public beta version, an official version will be released, if nothing major is reported from the public beta release. The developer wants to be sure that the jailbreak is as stable as possible, before releasing the official public version, and that’s why this public beta testing is being done in order to receive real feedback from the members of the jailbreak community.
Are you facing random reboots and freezes on UnC0ver Jailbreak? Check here for the steps to fix the same.
The standard format of UnC0ver Jailbreak remains the same. It is still a semi-tethered jailbreak intended for utilization on iOS devices running on iOS 11 to iOS 11.4 Beta 3. The developer is really keen to release the official public version and has put his best of efforts in the current public beta version. He is hopeful of receiving only minimal issues so that they can push the release of the official version of UnC0ver Jailbreak 2.0.0.
What’s New in UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0?
As mentioned in the change log file present in the Github repository of UnC0ver Jailbreak following are the major changes and the inclusions which have been added to UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0.
- Initial Cydia Substrate support.
- A switch in place for re-installing Open SSH.
- A switch in place for re-installing Cydia.
- A dedicated button for restarting Springboard when the device is not in a jailbroken state.
- An ability to update jailbreak components over-the-air (OTA).
- An update for bootstrap.
- A number of bug fixes and improvements; Fix for jailbreakd error, improvements to battery life, Electra loop-of-death mitigation, improvements to the speed of system reload.
Get UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0 on iOS 11-iOS 11.4 Beta 3
If you are really passionate about jailbreak then you can get your hands on the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak V 2.0.0 from its official Github Repository. However, if you wish to wait for the official public version of the same, then be assured that your wait won’t be long as the developer has promised, as mentioned in the beginning of this post, to release the official public version of UnC0ver 2.0.0 immediately after the testing of public beta, if no major issues are reported.
Check the following interesting posts as well:
- Backup Your Tweaks Before Switching to UnC0ver from Electra Jailbreak.
- [How-To] Use RootFS Restore on UnC0ver iOS 11.0-11.4 Devices.