UnC0ver Jailbreak is on the roll. Lately, the developer pwn20wnd released the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak Version 2.1.1 and the same is receiving rave reviews from the jailbreak community. The jailbreak community is lauding the developer pwn20wnd with praises as they have never witnessed this much support from a developer. Most of the developers out there release a tweak or an application and simply forget to provide the post-release support. However, pwn20wnd is very dynamic in the scene since the beginning and has been improving UnC0ver Jailbreak, since the release of its initial version, based on public reviews and comments. After the release of v 2.1.1, the developer has launched the biggest update to UnC0ver in the form of UnC0ver v 3.1.0.
Enable BigBoss’ Ads and Customize Sileo with Ocean Tweak. Check the full info here.
In the first week of January 2019, pwn20wnd released UnC0ver 2.1.1 First Beta for public testing and released versions up to Beta 7 till finally releasing UnC0ver 2.1.1 for production on 13th January 2019. Now, the release of the UnC0ver Jailbreak v 3.1.0 clearly represents the hard work that the developer has put in the latest version of the jailbreak tool.
- 1 What’s New in UnC0ver 2.1.1 Jailbreak?
- 2 What’s new in UnC0ver 3.1.0 Jailbreak?
What’s New in UnC0ver 2.1.1 Jailbreak?
The Beta 1 public version of UnC0ver 2.1.1 had the following updates:
- The jail-breaking process is faster.
- Jail-breaking doesn’t errors out if the host file doesn’t exist.
- Ignore dependencies in Cydia re installation.
- Fix false positives.
- Clean Cydia’s user data in RootFS Restore.
- Fix a snapshot name confusion bug in RootFS Restore.
- Fix another bug in RootFS Restore.
- Improve memory management.
- Use fewer external binaries.
After receiving public comments and reviews, the developer went up to Beta 7 prior to making the final version UnC0ver V 2.1.1 release for production. If you want to check out the fixes and the updates made in each Beta version of the jailbreak tool, please click here.
What’s new in UnC0ver 3.1.0 Jailbreak?
UnC0ver Jailbreak 3.1.0 is the biggest update to UnC0ver as of now. With this update, the stability of the UnC0ver Jailbreak has significantly increased and it provides support for switching from other iOS 12 jailbreaks to UnC0ver without losing any data. Following are some of the major changes that are a part of UnC0ver v 3.1.0 Jailbreak.
- Kernel patches, preference system, diagnostics system, and unrestricted library are rewritten from scratch to improve the reliability and stability of the jailbreak.
- Fix the iMessage Audio Crash.
- Fix FaceTime calls disappearing.
- Fix Camera Crash.
- The self-repair-ability feature of the jailbreak has been improved.
- Make Unrestricted add sandbox exceptions for mach_lookup and mach_register.
- Fix issues with processes looking up Substrate port on iOS 12 to fix stability and performance issues.
- Fix support for the broken versions of Rocket Bootstrap and hid-support tweaks.
- Update the local APT repo to include the latest updates from the Elucubratus repository
- Refresh the icon cache during the root file system restores to fix jailbreak apps staying on the home screen after restoring the root file system.
Therefore, we guess you can understand now that V 3.1.0 is, indeed, the major update to UnC0ver Jailbreak.
[Update] UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0 Bugs Fixed – UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.1 Out
The UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0 was reported by the users having two bugs and both of them have been fixed by the developer in UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.1. Following changes have been made in the latest version.
- Fix running root filesystem restore when not in the jailbroken state on iOS 11.
- Addition of an option to automatically restart the Spring Board once the jailbreak is done instead of waiting for the user to tap the OK button.
You can download the latest UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.1 from here.
[Update] UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.3 Released
After the biggest update in the form of UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0, the developer released yet another update in the form of UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.3. Following are the changes that are included as a part of this update.
- Status Updating Bug Resolved.
- A logic bug in remounting the root file system was fixed.
- A possible reliability issue was resolved by removing the dependability of machswap and machswap2 on stealing kernel’s credentials.
- Kernel patches are updated so that they utilize a safe allocation method.
- Jailbreak completed notice had some info missing earlier. The same has been fixed in V 3.1.3.
- False information present in the jailbreak completed notice has been fixed.
The developer @pwn20wnd is quick in addressing user issues and concerns. This way time won’t be far when UnC0ver Jailbreak will surpass all jailbreak tools to become the perfect jailbreak mechanism.
UnC0ver Jailbreak V 3.1.0 – Compatibility
UnC0ver is compatible with all following based iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices.
- iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1 – iOS 11.1, 11.1.1, 11.1.2
- iOS 11.2 – iOS 11.2.1, 11.2.2, 11.2.5, 11.2.6
- iOS 11.3 – iOS 11.3.1
- iOS 11.4
- iOS 12-12.1
- iOS 12.1.1 – iOS 12.1.2
Check out the older UnC0ver Jailbreak Versions from here.
How To Jailbreak Using UnC0ver V 2.1.1 or UnC0ver V 3.1.0 (steps)
If you wish to jailbreak using UnC0ver 2.1.1 or UnC0ver V 3.1.0 then please download the IPA file of the latest UnC0ver version from here. You require sideloading the same onto your iOS device. If you are unaware of the sideloading process, please check our post for the same from here. After sideloading, simply click on the UnC0ver icon from the home screen of your iOS device and tap on ‘Jailbreak.’
Please note that if you are already using the prior version of UnC0ver, then instead of ‘Jailbreak‘ you will see a button captioned as ‘Rejailbreak.’ You don’t require following any special steps to update to the latest version of UnC0ver. Let us know about your experience of using the latest version of UnC0ver Jailbreak in the comments section provided below.
Please check out the following posts as well:
- Rollectra 1.1 With Jailed Support | Unjailbreak Your Jailbroken iPhone.
- Launchtron – Circular Launcher for iOS 7 – iOS 12+ (Side Launcher).