Electra is one of Jailbreak toolkit that is mainly designed to tweak the developers for testing the tweaks as well as themes. Electra toolkit is designed by Alessandro Chiarlitti. Electra toolkit normally utilizes Xerub’s libjb library and the AMFI patch. The Electra allows the user to easily run on the tweaks with the Comex’s Substitute and quite alternative to the Saurik’s Substrate. Must Read: Re-Install Cydia on Electra Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2/11+ Devices.
Electra toolkit is not the complete Jailbreak application as this toolkit is at Beta development phase. Normally, the Electra toolkit has the wide number of themes such as Anemone theming engine, Substitute, Preference Loader Dropbear, SSH client, SCP/SFTP/Command line, Warning and many more.
Electra toolkit was only intended for the tweak users using the same device. Many of the people like to uninstall the Electra Jailbreak Tools as some program does not run correctly. Before heading fix this quite routine issue with every jailbreak, [Tutorial] How to Fix Respring Loop on Electra Jailbreak on iOS.
Why Do Users want to Uninstall Electra Jailbreak Toolkit?
Electra is an iOS development toolkit but cannot be considered as fully jailbreak tool. Since Electra is in the Beta Stage, so it builds prone to the errors and brings few bugs as well as glitches. Electra tool is also not entirely optimised. In a nutshell, we can tell that due to its lack of stability, performance, potentially the users want to uninstall this toolkit. Follow the below steps to easily uninstall the Electra Jailbreak from iPhone.
Uninstalling the Electra Jailbreak from iPhone
- Download the free version of iTerminal App and Install it. This app also comes with premium version, but you do not need to purchase it. The free version is enough to deal with this process.
- Open the iTerminal and set SSH connection with details
- Nickname – Input anything
- Host Name –Wi-Fi IP Address
- Port – 22
- User Name – root
- Password – alpine
- Click “connect” to access terminal
- Add bash /bootstrap/unjailbreak.sh to obtain the inbuilt Sh bash script.
- Execute the command. It runs inbuilt unjailbreak. Sh bash script. Add space after the “bash” to run the command properly.
- The confirmation message will be displayed.
- Press “Enter” for completing uninstall process.
- Reboot and remove all files which are associated with the toolkit including anemone etc.
- Go back to home screen and check whether the app’s icon is gone or not.
How to Uninstall the RC1 or Latest Version of Electra Toolkit
When you are using the latest RC1 version of Electra jailbreak, then you could not uninstall it with following the above process because these versions do not come with uninstall script. So you need to remove the Cydia installer instead of deleting jailbreak files from your device. Use NoMoreElectra IPA file, to uninstall Electra toolkit It only works to uninstall RC1 but does not work for RC 1.0.1 and RC 1.0.2. So we recommend Delectra which is a custom script, and it can clean the device, so you do not need to delete the files manually. Ensure you just remove all jailbreak tweaks before uninstalling it. You can use this method with and without a computer. Here we have presented both of two methods:
- Download the delectra script and extract it with 7Zip or another archive manager. Add “unjailbreak.sh” shell script on the desktop to find easily. If you do not have the facility to access compute, then download and install “ZipApp free” application from official App Store and extract the delectra on your device.
- Connect iPhone to your computer or open Filzaescaped app on your device and you need to add unjailbreak.sh script to the root folder of your iDevice. If you connect your device to the computer, you can easily locate the file on the desktop and transfer it to the root folder. If you are using Filza, just open the app and search “unjailbreak” Copy the file and add it to root folder.
- Download iTerminal on-device or Putty on a computer. Set SSH in the iTerminal with the following information:
Host Name or IP Address
Port – 22
User Name – root
Password – alpine and hit the connect. If you are in Putty window, you need to enter following information:
Host Name or IP Address
Port – 22
Connection Type: SSH and click on “Open”.
- Add“bash ./unjailbreak.sh”. The script is running on your device and completely delete the Electra from your device.
Uninstalled Electra Jailbreak from iPhone iOS 11.1.2, 11.2 and iOS 12
Follow the above methods according to the versions of Electra which you have used on your device, and it will wipe Electra entirely If you face minor errors, then reboot your device and follow the instructions to uninstall the jailbreak toolkit.