The uYou jailbreak tweak acts as a download manager for the YouTube app. Using the uYou YouTube Download Manager, jailbroken iPhone users can download YouTube audio/video and play the same offline. The tweak itself comes with a media player along with the download manager.
Check out YTClassicVideoQuality – Bring Back Old Quality Controls to YouTube.
Developed by iOS developer MiRO92, the uYou YouTube Download Manager tweak provides you an amazing experience on your jailbroken iPhone without having to opt for the YouTube Premium Subscription. Let us check more about the tweak below.
- 1 uYou Tweak – Download Manager for YouTube
- 1.1 Install uYou YouTube Download Manager Tweak on iPhone
- 1.2 [Update] uYou v 2.0 [YouTube Download Manager]
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 1.4 Final Words – uYou Tweak [Free YouTube Download Manager]
uYou Tweak – Download Manager for YouTube
After the successful installation of the amazing uYou tweak, you get to enjoy the following features:
- You can download audio/videos from YouTube and play them offline.
- All the videos that you download, get saved in a custom player with background playback and mini player support.
- With Mini-Player, you can easily navigate around your jailbroken iPhone.
- The tweak gets you scrubbing/controls from the Control Center as well. This makes playback quite easier when using the background playback feature.
- You can share/export the videos that you download to the Camera Roll or any other media-sharing application.
- The tweak doesn’t need any third-party Framework/Library to work making it easier for people who utilize signed applications.
Check out YouTube Reborn v220.127.116.11 Tweak for iOS [ Complete Guide].
Install uYou YouTube Download Manager Tweak on iPhone
If you are interested to install and try out this amazing YouTube Download Manager Tweak, you can get it from the developer’s repo for free using a package manager of your choice. The tweak supports iOS 13+.
[Update] uYou v 2.0 [YouTube Download Manager]
The developer recently launched uYou tweak v 2.0 with a load of new features. Check out the list below.
- The developer has penned down his own importing code so there’s no requirement of MI import in the tweak now.
- Just hit a button and all your downloads will come in uYou. This has been made possible by integrating Cercube and DLEasy Migration.
- Now, you can manually enter the YouTube URL.
- Ability to modify the artwork image.
- Disable auto caption.
- Ability to hide report as well as dislike buttons.
- In the previous version, sharing gave issues when you have the file name with spaces. The same is fixed in uYou v 2.0.
- Speaking about other bugs in the previous version, the issue of sorting by date and the crashing caused due to hiding buttons under the YT video is fixed.
If you wish to download, uYou YouTube Download Manager tweak v 2.0, you can do so from the provided developer’s repo.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Does uYou Tweak contain ads?
No! The uYou Tweak does not contain ads. However, the ads will come from YouTube. The developer will soon add a feature to block YouTube ads as well.
We see two downloads in uYou Tweak while downloading a video. Why?
This is because audio and video are downloaded separately and are later merged together in a MP4 file.
Can we download YouTube Shorts via uYou?
The developer will look to add this feature in the future updates.
Final Words – uYou Tweak [Free YouTube Download Manager]
That was all regarding the amazing uYou tweak. Let us know about your experience of using the tweak in the comments section provided below. Feel free to ask questions if any.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- Kumquat – Customize Your Lock Screen Music Player on iOS.
- Merriam – Powerful Customization Tweak iOS(iPhone & iPad).