We use a lot of audio/video related apps in a day like YouTube, a music player, an OTT platform, and others. However, iOS doesn’t allow you to control and manage the volume of these apps on an individual basis. You cannot set different volumes for different apps on stock iOS operating system. However, iOS developer Brend0n has come forward with a jailbreak tweak named as VolumeMixer that lets you do just the same.
Check out NineMusic – Bring Back iOS 9 Lock Screen Music Player.
With VolumeMixer jailbreak tweak, you can save different volume levels for different applications. You can put up a lower volume level for calls and a higher volume level for music. Please note that this tweak doesn’t fiddle with the system volume; instead, it utilizes the audio APIs that work behind different apps for controlling the volume levels.
- 1 VolumeMixer – Set Up Individual Volume Levels for Apps on iOS
- 1.1 Install VolumeMixer Jailbreak Tweak on iOS 10-iOS 14
- 1.2 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
VolumeMixer – Set Up Individual Volume Levels for Apps on iOS
Post successful installation of VolumeMixer, preferences for the same will get added in Settings as well. Following is the screenshot of the same. As you can see, it comes with a number of options.
- Select the applications for which you want the VolumeMixer to adjust volume.
- You can select how the tweak will get activated.
- By hitting the volume buttons.
- Through a selected Activator action.
- Select whether you want to enable/disable the tweak for web-based audio.
- The Audio Mix option will present any kind of interruptions in the Music apps while the playback is happening.
Install VolumeMixer Jailbreak Tweak on iOS 10-iOS 14
The tweak is free and works fine with all jailbroken iOS devices running on iOS 10, 11, 12, 13, and even iOS 14. Following are the steps to download and install the tweak on your iOS device.
- Launch Cydia or your preferred package manager.
- If not added already, please add BigBoss Repository.
- Search for VolumeMixer.
- Download and install it on your jailbroken iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Can I play two audio sources simultaneously using VolumeMixer?
Yes! You have to enable the app in the dedicated preferences pane of the tweak.
VolumeMixer is not working with YouTube. How to fix?
This is a known issue and the developer is working on the same. A fix for the same will be released as an update.
VolumeMixer is not working with iOS 13.5. Please help.
This is a known issue as well. Until the developer fixes the same, it is recommended that you downgrade libMRYIPC to version 1.0.
Final Words – VolumeMixer – Control Volume for Different Apps Individually
That was all regarding this amazing tweak. If you are interested in checking out the source code of the tweak, it is open source and is available on GitHub. For any kind of issues that you might face while using the tweak, please reach out to us via the comments section provided below.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- YouTopia – No Ads (Home Feed & Video) & Enable Background Play.
- Legizmo Tweak – Pair Any Watch with Any iOS [WatchOS 7 with iOS 13.5].