Generally, iOS users tend to jailbreak their iOS device if they wish to unlock the maximum potential of their phone. Depending upon the iOS version, there are several jailbreak tools available in the relative market like Electra, UnC0ver, and the latest one being Checkra1n. Post a successful jailbreak, you need a package manager for the installation of tweaks. Undoubtedly, Cydia, as a jailbreak package manager, enjoys immense popularity. However, apart from Cydia, we have Sileo and now we have Zebra (formerly AUPM); a package manager for jailbroken iOS devices running on iOS 8 to iOS 13.
Check out how to hack WiFi passwords using an iPhone.
The backbone that gives Zebra its strength is based on speed and efficiency. The coolest part is that unlike Sileo, you don’t require uninstalling Cydia for the smooth and effective functioning of Zebra. The stable V 1.0 release of Zebra did have a few bugs and the developer acknowledged the same at the time of the release. Now, with V 1.1 a majority of the bugs have been fixed, new features have been added, and a major redesign is on the charts for the upcoming version 1.2.
- 1 Zebra V 1.1 – A New Package Manager for iOS 8-13
Zebra V 1.1 – A New Package Manager for iOS 8-13
The developer takes up user feedback on bugs, issues, and new feature requests on the GitHub page – https://github.com/wstyres/Zebra as well as Discord Page – https://discord.gg/z89N7rd. Coming back to the V 1.1, following is the list of the major features of the same as per the change log and improvements over the V 1.0.
- Filter out packages and authors that you don’t wish to see.
- A new “Import Sources” view has been added allowing seamless import of sources from another package manager.
- Different accent colors are a part of the latest V 1.1.
- A detailed Search Tab allows you to look for a package quickly and easily.
- Payment API Support has undergone a lot of improvements.
- Pick up a language of your choice for the package manager instead of using the system language.
Check how to get PlayStation games on iOS (iPhone/iPad) without jailbreak.
Zebra V 1.1 Package Manager Install on iOS 8-13
You can follow any one of the following two methods to install the new package manager on your iOS device.
Method 1 > Install from Cydia
- Launch Cydia app on your iOS device.
- Tap Sources > Edit
- Hit the Add button and add the official Zebra Repo.
- Cydia will now load the repository. Once the process is complete, tap on Return to Cydia.
- Go to Changes Section and tap on the Zebra package from the list.
- Hit the Modify button in the top-right.
- Hit Install option on the pop-up prompt.
- Tap on Confirm button thereafter.
- Post successful installation, please tap on Return to Cydia button at the bottom.
- Now, on your iOS device’s home screen, you will see the icon of Zebra.
Method 2 > Install Using Cydia Impactor
- As a first, please download Zebra IPA file from here.
- Please download Cydia Impactor on your iOS device. Alternatively, you can also go for AltSigner or AltServerPatcher.
- Open the Cydia Impactor ZIP and launch the executable.
- Navigate to Device > Install Package.
- Select the Zebra IPA file that you have downloaded above.
- Cydia Impactor will ask your developer Apple ID and password.
- Post entering the credentials, the sideloading process will start and within a few minutes, you will have Zebra installed on your iOS device.
- Make sure you trust the certificate of Zebra in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- If you are unclear on the above steps, tap here to check out our post on the steps that you require following to sideload an IPA on your iOS device via Cydia Impactor.
Check How Many Packages are Installed Per Repo for Zebra [Zenumbra]
It will be great if you could see a count showing the number of installed packages besides each repository in sources tab for Zebra. Multiple users have requested for the same. Good news is that the tweak Zenumbra released by foxfortmobile for Zebra package manager accomplishes the same.
Compatible with Zebra package manager V 1.1.0 or above, Zenumbra tweak shows how many tweaks are installed from each repo on the sources page. This could easily help you identify which repos you don’t use and thus get rid of them.
For those who wish to download the Zenumbra tweak can do so from The Fox Fort Repo. The tweak supports A12/A13 devices and is completely free to use.
Final Words – Zebra V 1.1 Cydia Alternative on iOS
Please note that as of now this new package manager is not supported on the Checkra1n jailbreak though the package manager is compatible with iOS 13. However, the upcoming updates will indeed have this sorted. Meanwhile, let us know in the comments section provided below your feedback and views for this new jailbreak package manager.
Check out the following interesting posts as well:
- 16 Best Cydia Alternatives (Download) – No Jailbreak Required.
- 20 Best Offline Music Apps Without WiFi [No Active Internet Connection Required].